• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Raptor

Smoking To Vaping?

2 month for me today with out a Cigarette I dropped down to 6mg last week and feel ok on it . Should have stopped the ciggy's years ago 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

2 month for me today with out a Cigarette I dropped down to 6mg last week and feel ok on it . Should have stopped the ciggy's years ago 

Well done @jsud2002 just think of all the cr@p you haven't inhaled in that time :yes: Before you know it you'll be at 6 months then a year :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graham1981 said:

I think so @Kutusov so I should be going from 12mg (1.2%) to 6mg (0.6%)

6mg on a Nautilus would be too low for me but I must confess I'm not really worried about nic levels or quitting vaping. That being said, I'm currently trying 6mg and I don't notice much difference while vaping, less of a throat hit but nothing major. I do notice that I have to vape more though and, if there are risks to be found with vaping, they will be associated with volume (more exposure). I do need to adjust my liquid a bit as it's been irritating my throat and sinus a little but I don't know yet if the problem is with nicotine or too much PG. I'll have to try around 9 nic and 60 or 70% VG. I've just settled exclusively on Kayfuns 5 that are more airy and found it works better with thicker wire (more power and more heat) so it's only normal that some further adjustment is needed  

On a side note, and I'm sure a lot of you have seen this, here are the latest confirmations of good news from Public Health England. And that vaping is less harmful than tobacco replacement ***** like Nicorete etc:     https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2016/12/09/hertfordshire-e-cigarettes-policy-aims-to-help-smokers-quit/

3 months today that I switched from smoking to vaping and not a single puff on a cigarette in that time :thumbsup: 

I'm finding the 0.6% liquid to be absolutely fine, I've had no nicotine cravings since cutting the level down. The next step (perhaps in a few months) will be to go down to 0% and then start to cut down on my use of the minivolt altogether :yes: 

• Like 3

Still no ciggy's for me since Jan 1st :clap: went to my local shop today for 3x10ml for £10 which last a week and I am on medium (1.2%I think) any hows they have only gone and given me 0% :( lets see how the cravings take to the sudden change . 

How is everybody else getting on with the vaping been no posts for  a while  

Edited by jsud2002
  • Like 2

I'll be 2 years in a few months. Still 12mg nic but that's because of the way I vape: more restricted air, low power, more throat hit.

Got me an Hussar RTA about a week ago and, in its single coil configuration, it's looking like it will replace my Kayfun 5s as my main tank.

BTW, and regarding 0 nic, there has been recently this discussion that nicotine is actually not very addictive, or not more than caffeine. Smoking hooks you up supposedly because of the other chemicals. In vaping nicotine would just be serving as the irritant that gives you the sensation of inhaling something, a sensation you crave, and so it wouldn't be a craving for the substance itself. I'm yet to buy that theory, although it's still something that is being studied. I have good reasons not to dismiss it right away though, I actually think there is something to it. Anyway, and if that is true, 0 nic could very well be enough. You could partly compensate the absence of nicotine by going higher power and more air (but more liquid and increasing the potential health risk) and, I imagine, going with a higher PG.       

Well over a year now, since I stopped smoking. I use about two 10ml bottles a week but tend to vape more often than I did smoking.

When smoking I would have a smoke about every half an hour. 

Vaping, I have a draw or two, every five minutes or so. Not sure if that's good or bad.

I use the Endura T22 which I quite like as there's no messing about with voltages etc. I vape, like smoking, ie. mouth to lung. For the last few months though, I seem to be suffering from bloating. Anyone else get this? Nothing else has changed since stopping the fags. Drinking and eating is the same, as is my daily routine. I have even thought of smoking again to see if the bloating stops.........but that would be the last resort.

7 hours ago, Robden said:

Well over a year now, since I stopped smoking. I use about two 10ml bottles a week but tend to vape more often than I did smoking.

When smoking I would have a smoke about every half an hour. 

Vaping, I have a draw or two, every five minutes or so. Not sure if that's good or bad.

I use the Endura T22 which I quite like as there's no messing about with voltages etc. I vape, like smoking, ie. mouth to lung. For the last few months though, I seem to be suffering from bloating. Anyone else get this? Nothing else has changed since stopping the fags. Drinking and eating is the same, as is my daily routine. I have even thought of smoking again to see if the bloating stops.........but that would be the last resort.

You are probably vaping less than you used to smoke. Remember that you used to light a cigarette and smoke it all the way, that was a lot of puffs. But even so, you are now vaping, so it's a immensely less harmful for you, even if you were vaping constantly.  

As to bloating... well, that started to happen only a couple of months ago but you've been vaping well over a year. If it was a vaping side-effect, it should have happened at most 2 or 3 months in. You try to lower your PG level though, try a 70VG liquid for a couple of weeks (the Endura coils should be able to keep up with up to 70 VG liquids). You could also try a different flavour as you might be having some sort of sensitivity issue to a particular flavour. Very unlikely this last one but just so you can rule out all vaping realted possibilities. 

Oh, and drink more water. Remember vaping dehydrates you. Water will also balance the fibre intake and allow it to go through your body better. And too much fibre laying behind and you get bloated.      

5 years + now only thing available when I started was the little mock cigs. Currently use Smok Stick V8,Ijust S, Kangatech. Don't like Sub Ohm in the car so I use a Curve Lite with a BDC Tank or an old Vision Spinner with a similar tank. Tanks are varied and to be honest I can't remember what the hell I've got 2/3 Odyessey Tanks CS tank The V8. Mix my own juice have for years and that is pretty eclectic always have a Menthol mix and a Hazelnut but other than that whatever I fancy from Blackcurrant to Rum. I have no idea how much a week I vape probably 100ml + wife says I've always got one in my mouth but they ain't fags anymore.

Kev

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KevG said:

Mix my own juice have for years and that is pretty eclectic always have a Menthol mix and a Hazelnut but other than that whatever I fancy from Blackcurrant to Rum. I have no idea how much a week I vape probably 100ml + wife says I've always got one in my mouth but they ain't fags anymore.

+1 on the menthol stuff, I always have to have some of that aside as it just works for me as an all day. Used to go with the really harsh one but I've gone down on resistances because of more airy tanks, so now I don't need all that throat hit. Sweeter menthol has been working better for me. Just shows that resistance/power/heat greatly influences flavour and the vaping experience and another thing to tailor and mind. 

Because I've been going into more sweet things, I've ordered a lot of custard concentrates. Custards are very popular, especially in the UK, I just never got the appeal, lets see how I feel about them now.  

Yep you're right the menthol I use now is sweeter than used to use,probably since I stopped smoking my taste buds have come back to life, but the development in vaping has improved to such an extent we do't need the ultra strong flavours we did need. I tend to more fruit flavours now  than I did. never tried custard to be honest can't stand custard anyhow.

Kev

14 hours ago, KevG said:

Yep you're right the menthol I use now is sweeter than used to use,probably since I stopped smoking my taste buds have come back to life, but the development in vaping has improved to such an extent we do't need the ultra strong flavours we did need. I tend to more fruit flavours now  than I did. never tried custard to be honest can't stand custard anyhow.

BTW, what menthol are you using? I haven't come across many that don't have that icy feeling, in fact Nova's Kringle's Curse is pretty much the only one I can think of now. Revolt has a "Sweet Mint" one but I haven't tried it yet. 

Edited by Kutusov

20 hours ago, Kutusov said:

BTW, what menthol are you using? I haven't come across many that don't have that icy feeling, in fact Nova's Kringle's Curse is pretty much the only one I can think of now. Revolt has a "Sweet Mint" one but I haven't tried it yet. 

I use TW menthol not the ice menthol bit of a hit but slightly sweet with it.

• Like 1

I'm not a smoker but like the idea of smoking always. Gets you buzzed quicker when drinking and is just fun, in all honesty. Gives me something to do and constant source of flavor.

I tried vaping, however all the vape kits, with exception of ecigs, leak like a mother trucker. I hate that!!! I won't accept it. Ruins clothing, bedding and furniture.

I've tried the ecigs but they have nicotine and I don't want that. Tastes like crap and hurts my throat.

So has anyone tried any vape pens that actually don't leak?

Or, better yet, does anyone make ecig refills that are flavored and nicotine free? Vuse is an awesome system and never leaks but it's extremely harsh on throat.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, JayDeep said:

I'm not a smoker but like the idea of smoking always. Gets you buzzed quicker when drinking and is just fun, in all honesty. Gives me something to do and constant source of flavor.

I tried vaping, however all the vape kits, with exception of ecigs, leak like a mother trucker. I hate that!!! I won't accept it. Ruins clothing, bedding and furniture.

I've tried the ecigs but they have nicotine and I don't want that. Tastes like crap and hurts my throat.

So has anyone tried any vape pens that actually don't leak?

Or, better yet, does anyone make ecig refills that are flavored and nicotine free? Vuse is an awesome system and never leaks but it's extremely harsh on throat.

First thing obviously is, if you are not a smoker, don't vape. Even no nic will probably have its dangers, not yet know, but probably there. Immensely less than a traditional cigarette, so that's why they are the best option for a smoker, hands down.

With that out of the way, if you have a kit that leaks then it's either a poor quality one, a problem with o-rings or some bad coil. Shouldn't happen with modern gear, I never had that problem with 90% of the tanks I've owned. You should stick to more known, quality brands as all of them are basically fine these days.  As far as I understand it, you want something small for ocasional use and probably pre-filled cartridges?  Take a look at the Juul or the Von Erl. The Juul has a lot of praise and cartridges are cheaper than the ones for the Von Erl but the reason is the Von Erl uses cartridges from premium liquid brands (basically better flavours).  

If you want a small, cheap, pen like kit that you can fill with your own eliquid (vape shops have tons of 0 nic options), I think immediately of the Joyetech AIO - top airflow, which means virtually no possibility of leaking. But best thing would be to go to a vape shop near you and see what they have. You'll be needing coils for the device you get and if you go with something from some small company that no one carries, you'll have a hard time find replacements.     

I've paid $300 for vape kit, kanger something or other. Leaked. I've found none that won't. I've tried from $50 to $300. That's plenty expensive and quality. It's the maintenance. I refuse to have to replace coils and all that. I just want something that works without all the maintenance and issues.

Thanks fir the suggestions. Can you tell me, those recommendations, how much nicotine in the refills?

11 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

I've paid $300 for vape kit, kanger something or other. Leaked. I've found none that won't. I've tried from $50 to $300. That's plenty expensive and quality. It's the maintenance. I refuse to have to replace coils and all that. I just want something that works without all the maintenance and issues.

Thanks fir the suggestions. Can you tell me, those recommendations, how much nicotine in the refills?

Ah, so you want a closed system where you just throw away the pod once it runs out of liquid and pop another. Coil etc are part of the pod, so you can't replace them anyway. 

Just checked the Juul's website and apparently all the pods have 5% nic, so unfortunately not what you are looking for. The My. Von Erl does have 0 nic pods (and 9 and 18mg), so maybe check that out. US$24 for the device, $7 for a pack of two pods (2ml of liquid each). Review from a very well established reviewer that knows what he's talking about:

• Like 1

Ah, so you want a closed system where you just throw away the pod once it runs out of liquid and pop another. Coil etc are part of the pod, so you can't replace them anyway. 
Just checked the Juul's website and apparently all the pods have 5% nic, so unfortunately not what you are looking for. The My. Von Erl does have 0 nic pods (and 9 and 18mg), so maybe check that out. US$24 for the device, $7 for a pack of two pods (2ml of liquid each). Review from a very well established reviewer that knows what he's talking about:

Yes yes yes yes

Thank you I will try. Really appreciate the help.

Come to the Lake District for a couple of nights holiday and only gone and dropped my Electronic ciggy and the glass tube smashed ... nooooooo !! 

Cold turkey until thursday when I can buy a replacement  

6 hours ago, jsud2002 said:

Come to the Lake District for a couple of nights holiday and only gone and dropped my Electronic ciggy and the glass tube smashed ... nooooooo !! 

Cold turkey until thursday when I can buy a replacement  

And now you know the golden rule... always have a backup for a backup!! And a few glass tank section replacements at home. I had to go somewhere a couple of weeks ago and, as soon as I left the plane, I realised my Kayfun had slipped from my pocket and stayed behind on the seat. Obviously they didn't let me go back to the plane and I had to wait 3 days until I could pick it up at Lost and Found. I had brought with me a backup just in case and suprise suprise... Murphy's Law is real. I probably would have bought a pack of cigarettes if I didn't had that backup with me. I know I would hate the taste, the nic rush from an analogue would probably be too much for me now but I went to do something that didn't allow my mind to be thinking about something else.   

I always carry two setups with me, one is also a backup for a mod gone wrong, for liquid running out, for a flat battery... doesn't have to be a complete setup failure for things to go unpleasant!