• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Raptor

Smoking To Vaping?

1 hour ago, wotsch said:

I did contact them and they're sending me some new o-rings. Perhaps the ones with it were too thick, we'll see. Also, I've ordered a Steam Tuners tank...:

http://www.vapstor.fr/en/steam-tuners/964-hussar-tower-tank.html

I've seen those before but thought they were just a micro tank (I probably saw the smaller one that I think came out first)... That keeps the original capacity, doesn't need a replacement chimney and improves the top filling?! Should also sort your JFC problem, I'm guessing. Only sucks that the top cap/drip tip is not 510 compatible, I don't know what I would do with my life if they stop making Kayfun V4 and Mini V3 drip tips :biggrin:.  

1 hour ago, wotsch said:

Oh dear...

Oh cheer up! It will be only another €180 + €12 for each PEEK insert/airdisk (there's 10)+ shipping :tongue:

Oooh, pretty!!! And you get to see the best machined part which is chimney/bell piece with all those liquid intake ports on the base. It's not a 510 drip tip though, is it? 

BTW, 2mm centre pin offer still stands if you still find it too open for you :thumbsup: 

Yes, it's much prettier.

Re. drip tip: That's the only disadvantage I can see so far. No 510 drip tip. But so far I don't mind the one on it.

I've got quite used to the draw. so much so, that I've got to the point of opening up the Kayfun some more. But many thanks for the offer!

2 minutes ago, wotsch said:

No 510 drip tip.

I see why they did this. The chimney screws on to the drip tip right at the upper opening. Keeps the whole thing more compact that way, as it's only as long as the chimney itself. But that does mean that the bore is exactly the same as the chimney bore.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wotsch said:

I've got quite used to the draw. so much so, that I've got to the point of opening up the Kayfun some more. 

Told you, much better on the 3 dots :partytime:

I'm on a VivaKita Fusion at the moment, great little sub ohm device.

It's a pain with all this new legislation, the new tanks are all too small.

They're fairly new to the UK, same company as Vaptio.

It's tiny at 6cm X 5cm X 2.5 but will do either 30,40 or 50w and it's pretty solid and heavy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hussle said:

I'm on a VivaKita Fusion at the moment, great little sub ohm device.

It's a pain with all this new legislation, the new tanks are all too small.

Small inside tip, don't tell anyone... a lot of the TPD tanks are actually higher capacity. The Joyetech Penguin has an 8ml cartridge with a plug inside to make it 2ml, you can pull it out. The Cleito something or other is 2ml because it comes with such a huge coil set inside that takes up 2ml. Change the coil for a regular one and you have 2ml. The Joyetech Procore works the same way. The ESG Skyline posted above comes with an extra thick plastic tanks senction that makes it 2ml, replace that with the proper glass and it's 4ml. Others have extension kits. 

It's not even a workaround or being clever about the law, a tank has to have 2ml at the point of sale and they do. What you do with it latter is not in the law :thumbsup:   

• Like 1

I knew that about the cleito exo but not any others and yes the rules only apply at point of sale, so you can do whatever you like once it's yours. There are going to be a lot like this I bet, 2 ml is just too small.

They got around the 10ml liquid size pretty easily, 100ml zero liquid then add 2 10ml nic shots after you buy it!

1 hour ago, Hussle said:

They got around the 10ml liquid size pretty easily, 100ml zero liquid then add 2 10ml nic shots after you buy it!

I'm still getting my bases from countries that haven't voted the TPD in (or the rules work differently there) but when they do it will mean me having to change vaping style. The nic shots are limited to 20mg max so 2x10ml @ 20mg means a final mix of 4mg (?). That sucks as I vape 12mg and even carry a "stealth" setup with 18mg. I do have a stock of 3 litre of 12mg base and 1 litre of 18mg and would order more if rules would change but then I would also have to decide if I had to move to low resistance/more air/more power or work my way to also quit vaping.

***edit*** silly me, I could just buy ready to vape liquid with 12 or 18mg, that will still be legal, just sold in 10ml bottles. They are just harder to get and that's why I moved to DIY, local shops don't carry anything above 6mg and 3 is the norm.        

Edited by Kutusov

Most sub juices here (70/30 or 80/20 or 100) are either 3 or 6mg. The 'normal' liquids in the shop I go to are mostly 30/70 and some 50/50 in 6,12 or 18mg. 12 mg is the most popular.

What I often do is buy a 10ml 18mg 50/50 and add it to 30ml 6mg sub juice for my Fusion at 30w just to bring up the mg a little and it seems to work fine.

The 100ml bottles plus 2 nic shots take it to 3mg I believe as the shots are only 15mg, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying 10ml bottles and less wasteful as you're not chucking 10 bottles away every day.

There are a lot of restrictions now but most manufacturers will have work arounds, large coils you can swap, extra large glass for the tanks sold separately etc and I'm sure when Qcigs bring out their synthetic nicotine it won't be covered by the TPD as it's not derived from tobacco, well not at first until the MHRA bring in some other rule to include it!

The new iQos heat-not-burn looks interesting, my mate has tried one, says it's exactly like smoking a fag and designed for people who can't get on with vaping. He hated the taste of a 'real' cig as he's been off them 3 years now but says it will help some people.

6 hours ago, Hussle said:

The new iQos heat-not-burn looks interesting, my mate has tried one, says it's exactly like smoking a fag and designed for people who can't get on with vaping. He hated the taste of a 'real' cig as he's been off them 3 years now but says it will help some people.

I'm sure those are less harmful than a traditional cigarette but I've seen a couple of reviews and they do seem to leave plenty of tar on the filters, it doesn't look as clean to me as vaping. But you're right, could be a stepping stone to vaping.

It's a whole different ball game but I actually have sort of an issue with that "people that can't get along with vaping". I've heard it before but seems to me that all it means is that someone hasn't found the right set up yet. It's sounds simple for us now but I still remember when I started looking into this vaping stuff and it all sounded like rocket science to me, I was going from a pack and a lighter to mods, coils, wires, batteries, nic levels, PG/VG levels, watts, volts, etc, etc?!  And there wasn't still any temp control malarkey either. It might take time and some goes at it before finding something that works very well for you but with so much stuff out there now, I doubt that 99% of the smokers that really want to transition can't find something that works for them.

I've notice that we tend to assume that a tight MTL, low power high nic is the recipe for every smoker (it was for me and hasn't changed much since then) but there are people that can quit much easier with a full blown DL high power set up. I guess it depends if your addiction is more related to throat sensation (it is for me) or the nic rush and lung sensation. One has to try to help them to find what works because some shops are honestly **** at that, they just want to push whatever has to fly off the shelf that week.    

• Like 1

I agree, it's finding the right set up, there will always be the smokers who don't want all the 'bother' but for 99% of people there is something out there. The shop I use are very good with advice and set up the kit before the customer leaves and teaches them how to smoke it. Don't smoke it right and you may as well chuck it in the bin.

The Fusion I have now is perfect for me and I've had quite a few different devices over the years. I don't need anything like an alien or similar but others love them.

Dual and triple battery mods are needed when you start using all the new exotic types of wire: fused claptons, alien staggered whatever, etc etc. And Smok with their coil heads with 8 and 12 coils inside. Those take a lot of power to fire and go through batteries like crazy!  

• Like 1

Right, here's another Skyline:

2Ly5PD9.jpg

Two things with this one... very versatile fixed airflow but very expensive in itself, even more if you get all the airflow inserts available and that make it that versatile. It's amoung the best, up there with the Kayfun 5 and Hussar.   

• Like 1

Noooooo my aspire Plato is dying :huh: I dropped it and now it has a rattle when I shake it . Luckily though the glass did not break (weird) it still works but I no longer trust it as it has the rattle 

I need to be buying myself a new vape machine so do I buy the Plato again or try something different , but what ever I buy it needs to take the nautilus coils as I have a new box full and I really like them . Budget I would say between £50-£70 . Also a UK purchase would be better for me . Any ideas guys ?? 

Ignore what is wrote above as I had a look about and found an aspire Plato the same as I have in the sale section in vapeinc and by adding an additional 15% discount code I bought it for £38 . A really good price I thought . 

4 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

Ignore what is wrote above as I had a look about and found an aspire Plato the same as I have in the sale section in vapeinc and by adding an additional 15% discount code I bought it for £38 . A really good price I thought . 

£38??? I might have to get one myself, never saw one that cheap, not even directly from China. As to the rattle, something broke or simply came out of place. You can try to open it when you get the new one, I bet it's just the board that came lose or some supporting plastic plate that needs to be fixed.

For future reference, there are not many tanks that take the Nautilus coils, these are the ones that I know that do: Nautilus 1, Mini and 2 (obviously); Triton Mini, Beyond Vape Silo MkI (probably long gone); Vika Fantasy; House of Hybrids Kabuki and (I'm not sure about this one) Billet Box Rev.4.

Remember the rule!! Always have a backup for your backup!! I know this overkill but that's what I have in front of me as I type :tongue:

cVvlMIh.jpg