• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Raptor

Smoking To Vaping?

On 15/08/2017 at 16:42, Kutusov said:

I know this overkill but that's what I have in front of me as I type

None of which take a Nautilus coil though :wink:

21 minutes ago, wotsch said:

None of which take a Nautilus coil though :wink:

True :partytime:. No one believes me but I still think that for that sort of vaping Joyetech's CLR coils are the best ones. And you can trow them away or rebuild them. Kanger's 1.2 horizontal coils on the original Subtank Mini were pretty good also.   

1 hour ago, Hussle said:

1.2ohm??? That's not a sub ohm coil.

No, that's a... above-ohm? Sub-ohm is not so much of a thing as people used to think of it, doesn't matter much at least until you start going below 0.5. The new Nautilus coils are 0.7 (so sub-ohm) and they are MTL coils. I personally vape between 0.8 to 1.2 and ends up not being much different, just depends on the tank and if I have to use 28 or 26g wire. 

2 years not very long ago.... but might have to think about quitting this too, TPD overhear is making it hard to find 12 or 18mg and I still vape that. Still have about 3 to 4 litres to go through, so if they don't go bad, that's something I have time to go through.    

Managed to lose my Stick V8 in cuba and then broke the glass on the Ijust S. Unable to get a stick with a 5ml tube or a new glass for the IJust s in 5 ml. So I turned to China StickV8 kit has now been running for a month no trouble cost £27. I did change the coil to see if my gens fit no problemo. Ordered new glass at the same time for the Ijust arrived no problem, slipped it on and no leaks, fit perfect cost a quid. Probably wouldn't buy juice from Ali but the kit seems good and the price is right.

Edited by KevG

Fasttech and Heavengifts are also two places to look for parts. 

Got me a Kayfun Prime but I don't know... tighter than a 5 but not really getting the benefit from it over a 5. Skyline and Hussar are still my favourites,followed by the more everyday convnience of my Kayfun 5 with the bigger bulge tank section (bigger liquid capacity, all SS).

Edited by Kutusov

Couple of handy names there thanks. I did miss the Stick but the guy on ali delivered quick and I'm back on full size tanks again.

• Like 1

Dragging this thread up out of the depths to show a few new devices I've been trying out recently. A few months ago, I decided to try out a dripper, aka RDA. I'd read about these on reddit and thought I was ready to try a few more powerful coils than I can mount in my tanks.

First up was a Pharoah:

36687445003_09e785be9f_o.jpg
Pharaoh by wotsch2, on Flickr

It took me a while to get the coil right, but once I did then it was a bit of a revelation.

After some further reading, I grabbed a Pulse 22 off eBay:

36687444943_a1d827bd88_o.jpg
Pulse 22 by wotsch2, on Flickr

Nice, compact device, especially on a Pico mod, and a better flavour than the Pharoah.

Finally, I got a CSMNT, which is the best of the bunch:

24381153747_41ee2f50dd.jpg
CSMNT by wotsch2, on Flickr

So far, I've only been building single coils:

38535798484_259be36083.jpg
CSMNT by wotsch2, on Flickr

The next step, over the Christmas break, is to try a dual coil build on the CSMNT.

These aren't devices for out and about, as they're too impractical, but for an evening at home they're great.

Cheers,
-wotsch

How do you find that Pico 25? I'm tempted by a couple of new tanks but the damn things all come now in 24/25mm (or 22mm but TPD 2mm...). I'm not over the moon with its looks, I much prefer the black and SS of the original one and people say it feels... plasticy. It's either that or the Joyetech Primo mini but at this point I´m much more used to short and wide than thin and tall. And as you know I use a lot of very long RTAs....

I like the Pico 25. Yes, it has the plastic bit, but that doesn't bother me too much. It doesn't feel quite as solid as the Pico, but near enough. The RDAs are pretty lightweight, so overall the combo feels lighter, but I'm used to the Skyline and Kayfun on the Pico which are pretty heavy. Fire button and screen on the Pico 25 are a little bigger, which is an improvement. Overall I'd say the Pico 25 is a good solution for bigger tanks.

I guess there's not much choice anyway, I've looked at the new ones from major brands and what the hell happened?? They are all fugly huge things with enough lights to pass for an UFO. 

I'm half curios about the Siren 2, and the Ares and the Zenith from Innokin, all 24mm tanks. I should at least get the Zenith, I currently don´t have a pre-made coil tank worth a damn (or get a Plato, I know, I know...)

Edited by Kutusov

Oh no, more shinys

but that Pico does look interesting

After 5 years of vaping I lost my atty/mod for the first time, suppose that is a good excuse to buy a new one

The battery in my aspire plato is dying so need to replace it , 2500mAh 18650 3.7v li-ion High discharge. 

Any suggestuons where is best to buy from preferably UK stockist  ? Do I buy an aspire battery or are there better ones out there. Any help appreciated. Cheers guys . 

25 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

The battery in my aspire plato is dying so need to replace it , 2500mAh 18650 3.7v li-ion High discharge. 

Any suggestuons where is best to buy from preferably UK stockist  ? Do I buy an aspire battery or are there better ones out there. Any help appreciated. Cheers guys . 

I've always gone for efest. Just bought 6 of these as my mod takes 3 at a time: Battery

3 minutes ago, MyrridinEmrys said:

I've always gone for efest. Just bought 6 of these as my mod takes 3 at a time: Battery

The link takes me to a 3000mAh battery yet my current one is a 2500mAh I am not familiar with all this mAh etc , I guess my question is will the 3000mAh be ok in my plato ? 

scrap that last comment , I did a quick search on amazon and found the 2500 ones 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Efest-2500mAh-18650-BATTERY/dp/B00IKTCZ9W/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1528554324&sr=1-2&keywords=Efest++2500mAh

2 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

The link takes me to a 3000mAh battery yet my current one is a 2500mAh I am not familiar with all this mAh etc , I guess my question is will the 3000mAh be ok in my plato ? 

scrap that last comment , I did a quick search on amazon and found the 2500 ones 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Efest-2500mAh-18650-BATTERY/dp/B00IKTCZ9W/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1528554324&sr=1-2&keywords=Efest++2500mAh

You can use the 3000 in your device or go to 3500 if you wish - just means longer between charges.

Just now, MyrridinEmrys said:

You can use the 3000 in your device or go to 3500 if you wish - just means longer between charges.

I will probably buy a 3000 one then . thanks for the help :thumbsup:

Torchy co uk. As to batteries, I'm now running Samsungs 30Q only (3000mah, 15 A continuous discharge - pink wrap). Used to have a lot of LG HG2 (brown wrap) but I hear the later ones aren't as good. Sony VTC6 (green wrap) is probably the best choice for a low power vape battery right now though. 

Another quick question whilst talking about batteries , I currently use my Apire plato Vape machine to charge the battery is this the ideal way to do it or should I be looking at the possibility of buying a separate charger unit ? if so any suggestions ? 

I was thinking of possibly changing my whole vape machine but I like it so would rather spend the money on batteries in order to keep the plato