• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Incoming: Bit Excited!

apm101

Having offloaded all of the collection bar a Black Monster and slightly battered (yet still very nice) competition prize G-shock, the proceeds have finally been put to good use.

Incoming is something a bit special (to me at least): 1997 Rolex 16570 Polar Explorer.

Hopefully will land friday, pics to follow. In the meantime, one from the seller:

IMG_5014.jpg

Will be on the bracelet when it arrives, but I seem to have a load of 20mm straps that I might try too... looks nice on that black ZULU...

I was considering buying from one of the Italian stores on Chrono24, but for me this is a much better option (I'm not a fan of risk), and has the bonus of coming with full set.

I am very excited indeed!! :thumbup: :yes: :D .

More pics on arrival.

Cheers all! :D

I got a response to my WTB on TZ, and worked out a good deal. Had considered buying from an Italian dealer from Chrono24, but this feels alot safer for me. :lol:

Mike- Not sure how long this will stay! The Speedy had a good innings (6 months), and I have a feeling that this will too. Will save up for a GMT-Master II, I think. There will always be a bit of flipping of less expensive pieces though. Can't help it!! :taz: :thumbup:

And sorry, Stephen. Go on... you know it makes sense.... :twisted:

Edited by apm101

Dear Alex, do I really need to reply? Everyone seems to have pretty much said what I would have said, that this is one beautiful watch.

Coming from me, that is an unusual statement since my liking for really good divers has been acquired only recently, and my liking for certain Rolex watches has been acquired even more recently. And I am not surprised that you are excited by this one - it's a beauty.