• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
scottswatches

Another I Shouldn't Like But Do Added To My Collection

A long time ago I was certain that I didn't like gold watches with gold dials. When I bought one for my father in law I discovered I DO like them, and now have several. Since then I have sought out good examples of watches that I shouldn't like (80's dress, LCD) and found them equally enjoyable so I have now stretched into 'fashion' brands, and this arrived today

DSC_1165_zps07492905.jpg

the early Benetton watches were made by Bulova, so have some pedigree. Inside this is a Miyota movement and the case was made by Timex, so I guess Bulova finished the contract before 1995. I know it is 1995 because it comes complete with box and papers

DSC_1181_zps7c428586.jpg

alright, tin and papers!

it feels well made and isn't marked at all - it even has the original plastic packaging and buckle

DSC_1174_zpsed4658db.jpg

The unusual red dial appealed at first, and still does. Happy boy!

nothing wrong with a bit of gold :yes:

to be honest that one isn't for me, but then it isn't is it :D on the up side i have seen far far worse out there :thumbup:

Nice looking watch. Maybe I am a brand snob after all, because I'm sure I would like it more if it said Bulova on the dial.

I will have to give this dilemma some thought.