• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Seiko Skx779 Or Skx007

philjopa

I'm looking for a new diver to replace the Tag that I bought years ago. After intesive research laugh.gif I've got it down to 2 - the BM or the 007. Now the problem - can't decide between them. blink.gif

It's highly (like never) unlikely that it'll be used for anything more adventurous than a quick snorkel (nudge, nudge) and a swim. I just want something that I can wear and not have to worry about scratching it or getting it wet!!!

What do you guy's recon? Only thing I would say is that I've got a smallish to medium wrist. Is the BM "too big"???

Taaaaa. punk.gif

Hello!!!

The BM isn't too big I'm a girl of not huge proportions & it fits me wonderfully... If you have the confidence to carry off the BM go for it... I own both the 007 & 779 and both will fulfil your requirement easily the 007 being more traditional and the 779 more radical... I could say buy them both horses for courses!!!!!! If you lead an active lifestyle it'd be the BM if it is semi active 007 just because the bezel will get marked easier on the 007...

Oh S*d it... BUY BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif [Get the bracelet versions it's worth the extra £/$]

Joli.

I started off just filling in for and picking up my other 1/2's mail but I got dragged into the forum... I'm not sure how many female forum contributors there are...

There are a lot of Seiko owners though!!!!! So lots of advice should be offered on the 779/007 question... Like I said both good watches!!!!!!

Strap sizes are 22mm = 007 and 20mm = 779 Lots of alternative strap options if you want to play with the over all look!!!!!!!!!

Joli.

As Katt said if you want a more traditional/classic look then go for the 007, if you want a more radical attention grabbing design then go for the 779. I'd definitely pay the extra & get the bracelet version of the 779, whilst the 007 looks superb on a Nato type nylon strap. I prefer the looks of the 007 myself - but both are excellent value and both great watches.

Let us know which one you decide to get smile.gif

Hi,

I have the BM and a Yao BM and I love them!

I don't have the 007 so I cant compare them, but if you decide to buy a Monster, buy it on the bracelet! It looks really great.

My wrist is about 6.5 I believe and I don't think it's too big wich was my worry when I bought it.

user posted image

user posted image

Gregor

Well I've talked to my other 1/2 and he is very happy for me but a little P'd off since he hasn't got one... But how will your other 1/2 greet the new arrival in your household!!!

You're going to have to buy some more Leather or Steel Chain to replace all that 'Hard' Rubber!!!!! eek.gifeek.gif

Joli.