• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Silver Hawk

The Buzzsaw Hummer

MrJones posted about this watch about 5 weeks ago but the seller had been listing it several weeks before that...but the starting price was always far too high. However, on the seller's lastest re-listing, the price was greatly reduced and, as I managed to negotiate a much cheaper shipping cost to the UK (he initially wanted to ship FedEx at $75) , I thought I'd have punt...and won it. Turned up yesterday.

I've seen others refer to this dial design as a Buzzsaw, and it's easy to see why, so I'll go along with that and call it my Buzzsaw watch. It is, of course, a Universal Geneve and they had many different styles of watch in the Unisonic range, some of which are on my website, but the Buzzsaw is rarely seen. While many watch manufacturers (Omega, Tissot, Longines, IWC, Baume & Mercier etc) employed the ESA 962/4 movement to produce a tuning fork watch in the 1970s, Universal Geneve and Citizen used an Accutron movement from Bulova, so this Universal Geneve branded calibre 2-51 is an exact copy of the Accutron 2180F, and all parts are interchangeable.

And so to the photos. It came with box and papers; the guarantee is dated 20th December 1973 --- a nice Xmas present for some lucky person.

Universal-Geneve-Unisonic-Steel-Blue-Buzzsaw-Cal-2-51-1.jpg

Universal-Geneve-Unisonic-Steel-Blue-Buzzsaw-Cal-2-51-2.jpg

Universal-Geneve-Unisonic-Steel-Blue-Buzzsaw-Cal-2-51-3.jpg

Universal-Geneve-Unisonic-Steel-Blue-Buzzsaw-Cal-2-51-4.jpg

Universal-Geneve-Unisonic-Steel-Blue-Buzzsaw-Cal-2-51-5.jpg

[more]

AAARGH! So YOU'RE the one who beat me out of it! :censored:

I don't seem to recall the posting making it super clear that it came with box and papers ... otherwise, I might have gone higher!! :tongue2:

Glad one of us got it!

AAARGH! So YOU'RE the one who beat me out of it! :censored:

I don't seem to recall the posting making it super clear that it came with box and papers ... otherwise, I might have gone higher!! :tongue2:

Glad one of us got it!

Sorry Van...but I just had to have it! But I do know of another one that is probably for sale. Different colours though; the minute "blocks" are gold-to-red.

Wow!

That is really distinctive, must have been cutting edge when it was new.

Thanks for sharing Paul.

Nice pun! ...

Yes, very good Luddite! :lol: