• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

G10 Serial Numbers

USEDMODEL

I'm not an expert at this, but I think you'll find that "5415317" is just part of the "Service Reference Number", like a part no. if you will. Lots of G10's will have "W10/6645-99 5415317" stamped on them.

The serial number should be stamped below this if the watch was issued.

Mine's "2459 97"

My 1985 is no: 5415317 smile.gif

I think that set of numbers are on most of them Jason, it`s on mine and others I`ve seen on the net, no doubt Stan or someone will confirm what it means wink2.gif

The numbers on mine are;-

W10/6645-99

4799/97

There you go I see Rich answered the question whilest I was posting laugh.gif

Edited by mach 0.0013137

I should have noticed that.......thought the serial number was a little on the long side.

W10 6545-99-541-5317 is the G1098 catalogue number and will appear on all the watches and identifies the watch as that specific model.

It should then have a serial number below that for accounting purposes and below that a date of manufacture.

Sorry I didn't notice.

Roy

Right, here we go:

A summary of all the watch-related UK MOD Defence Standards

General Service Electronic Watches - 1980

Luminous & Non-luminous Navigator Watches - 1981

Electronic Quartz Chronometers - 1981

Stop Watches - 1992

Watch Straps - 2001

Of course, I may have missed quite a few!

Apart from the first one (plain text) they're all pdf files so you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view them.

Edited by rhaythorne

What I get up to in my spare time. Just checked the mil specs for nato straps.

Was trying to purchase a G10 mil spec strap the other day and a lot of the straps on sale are not mil spec and won't fit the wrist properly.

The non mil straps are 80mm for the part that goes behind the watch instead of 60 and some of them I have seen also have the first hole where the 4th or 5th hole should be on a nato standard, no good if you have a small wrist.

Beware gents

Roy

Serials on the ones I have :

4799/76 (CWC W10), 76289/91 (CWC G10) and 4442/95 (CWC G10). First 2 are Army, last is Navy.

Well our 91 models are within 1000 of each other other, getting close.

A very nice trio, I should imagige.

Is the 1976 model one of the old mechanical CWCs?

Thanks

Roy

Serials on the ones I have :

4799/76 (CWC W10), 76289/91 (CWC G10) and 4442/95 (CWC G10). First 2 are Army, last is Navy.

Well our 91 models are within 1000 of each other other, getting close.

A very nice trio, I should imagige.

Is the 1976 model one of the old mechanical CWCs?

Thanks

Roy

You're right, it's a mechanical one. Needs a service though, runs when it feels like it basically smile.gif I do like G10s though, had Precista and Pulsar ones in the last year as well. Not as big as I usually wear, and perhaps a little small for me, being 6'6" and 19.5 stone, but their accuracy is very good and they look workmanlike.

Of course you realise  with all this exchanging  serial numbers there`s a danger of it looking like a trainspotters convention  eek.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif We could call it the RLT Watch Watchers Club (bit like Weight Watchers) Naaa biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

eek.gif Just enquisitive eek.gif

But we do have a mixture of Army and Navy punk.gifpunk.gif which is cool.

Thought we would get loads on this thread and then look for numbers that were close but alas.

Roy