• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

G10 Serial Numbers

USEDMODEL

I'd suspect that just because a watch had a "force" issue number didn't mean it ended up being issued that particular branch of the Armed Forces. blink.gif

MoD doesn't work that way, 0552's could have ended up on RAF wrists or WHY. It would depend who needed them at the time.

I doubt many serving personnel would have noticed or even been bothered. laugh.giflaugh.gif

2723 97

Only a coulpe of hundred off Rich. My other one is away and I can't be bothered getting it out. Then I'd have to get all my watches out. And wind them. And set them. And change the straps arround...

It takes all night

Maybe tomorrow then David? smile.gifwink.gif

I'd suspect that just because a watch had a "force" issue number didn't mean it ended up being issued that particular branch of the Armed Forces. blink.gif

MoD doesn't work that way, 0552's could have ended up on RAF wrists or WHY. It would depend who needed them at the time.

I doubt many serving personnel would have noticed or even been bothered. laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Sorry to disagree with you Stan.

For the last 4 years of my service I was a TQMS (don't worry about what it means, you can't catch it biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif )

W10 watches were only ever issued to the Army. We did in the Engineers have a parachute squadron (9 sqn) and also marine squadron (59 Commando). The para's would have been issued W10 and the marines W10 or Navy depending on where they were stationed.

The W10 stock is issued by the Army ord depot and the Navy has totally seperate depots.

Roy

I doubt many serving personnel would have noticed or even been bothered. laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Sorry to disagree with you Stan.

For the last 4 years of my service I was a TQMS (don't worry about what it means, you can't catch it biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif )

W10 watches were only ever issued to the Army. We did in the Engineers have a parachute squadron (9 sqn) and also marine squadron (59 Commando). The para's would have been issued W10 and the marines W10 or Navy depending on where they were stationed.

The W10 stock is issued by the Army ord depot and the Navy has totally seperate depots.

Roy

I'll have to bow to your knowledege Roy, I left the Rocks in '82 and never saw a G10/98 quartz. sad.gif

I got "given" some odd kit when I was in Norn Iron but it had no markings and the signature I gave was a grunt. smile.gif

I must admit, I never looked at any stock or issue numbers on my kit other than that was isssued to me so I knew it was mine. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Some dodgy in our mob. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Dunno David, I've heard the total is 3000 but I ain't sure about that. blink.gif

I wonder if MoD knows and would care to tell us? smile.gif

Official Secrets Act, someone would probably get locked up for a very long time if they gave out Top Secret information like that, North Korean spies might be monitoring this site eek.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Just got two more G10 / 0552s

(Navy G10 watches hereby designated 552s, sounds sort of official doesn't it, rather like the Seiko range)

Mine are both 552s (Navy .......Yuk .......didn't mean it) biggrin.gif

Serial 40531 dated 1989

and Serial 16057 dated 1987

Going to do some stats later on in this thread to find out which are the most common......well amongst the forum members.

punk.gif Thanks for all the post punk.gif

Roy (usedmodel)

I keep telling you he had 5 minutes rest in March, thats his holiday for this year wink2.gif

So stop worrying  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

I'm not worried. I had 5 minutes rest last September but running out of STEAM just now biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Know how you feel Roy ................. baby.gifbaby.gifbaby.gifbaby.gif ready for bed or is that classed as holiday as well.

Roy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just joined the forum so I will add my serial number to the mix.

CWC G10 0552(Royal Navy) 32828/89. I have had it about 5 years now, great watch.

Welcome to the forum Whistler, great watch the G10, do you have any other timepieces? biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum Whistler. Everyone on the forum talks very highly of the CWC G10 watch.

Hope you stay on the forum will be long and fruitful.