• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Botta Design

Chris_Dixon

The single hand watch seems to be really badly thought out. 12 hour single handers are OK because its still possible to tell the time with relative accuracy because you can measure the distance between the hours, the 24 dial looks like its impossible to tell the time accurately to anything beyond 10-15 minutes, effectively making it counterproductive for telling time.

• 6 years later...

Hello,

I know this discussion is quite old, but I recently came across Botta Design and I really like their style. I also like, that the manufacture is quite close to my home, but still it is a bit…well… complicated to walk over there in person and have a closer look at the watches.

I already thought about opening a new thread to ask, if anyone already has experiences, when finding this old discussion, so I thought I’d just ask in here: Does anyone of you maybe own a Botta watch? Can you recommend it? And does anyone maybe know more about the materials they use for straps and body of the watches? (I’m sometimes kind of sensitive and easily react with sore skin)
Thanks a lot for your help! :biggrin:

Hello chas g,

Thanks a lot for your help! That’s good to know, I would prefer one of the UNOs anyway. Though the 24 hours watches are interesting as well, but I have also been afraid that they could be too complicated to read, especially in the one-hand-version. Do you own a Botta watch yourself? I was wondering if the materials are easy to wear as I often got itchy skin in the past… I know this might be a subjective thing to ask, but maybe someone knows…