• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Will Fly

Citizen Eco-Drive Chronograph - A Nice Forum Deal

Paul was good enough to put aside this nice solar powered chrono for me for a week or two until I got the necessary funds. When I bought the Citizen I knew, from the advertised bracelet size that it would be too tight for my manly 7.5" wrist :D but that didn't matter as it was destined for desk use in my music studio. By chance I spotted some spare links on US eBay - got them and fitted them this morning. And I have to say it wears very nicely. A big thanks to Paul for being such a patient and efficient seller!

Citizen%20Eco-drive%20E210%20wrist.JPG

Edited by Will Fly

Very nice mate, and yet another example of a cracking deal on here. I've also got a 7.5" wrist, so I'd like 1st dibs on that one if you ever come to move it on in the future... :lol:

I've also had some brilliant experiences in the sales corner, most recently with the TW Steel which needed a few days for me to sell 3 watches and scrape together the funds. While I was waiting for my 3rd watch to sell , one of the other members (unconnected with the sale) even offered to loan me the last £45 so I wouldn't lose the one I wanted. How cool is that? I didn't need to take up his generous offer, but it just shows the true spirit of this forum.

:rltb:

Too late for Will Fly I'm afraid but FYI my local Citizen AD obtained additional links for my titanium model at no charge. And I hadn't even bought the watch there.)

Always nice to hear great remarks about other members.

:notworthy:

That one's a bit of a departure for you, isn't it Will? Great watch though, I could quite easily see myself wearing one of those.

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Well I like chronographs - and I like solar-powered watches - so the idea of combining them in one watch appealed. And this one had a good, clean dial on it. So there you go!

I'm not keen on watches which require battery changes, which is why I prefer mechanical watches - and also why I like the concept of solar power. Granted the capacitor in a solar-powered movement may eventually need changing, but it's an ecologically friendly idea on the whole.

Looks great Will :thumbup:

From a sellers standpoint Will was a pleasure to deal with & bought the watch when he said he would - it's such a nice watch it was no great hardship holding onto it for a bit longer anyway :)

Sapphire crystals were fitted as standard to the US version of this watch so may be available from Citizen - their customer support is pretty good by all accounts - a future upgrade maybe?

:)

Edited by pauluspaolo

Almost. Some were fitted with Sapphire. I'm in the US and mine does not have sapphire. Citizen will convert it for apx $180. But you can purchase a generic that will fit perfectly for about $25. Now if I could only find a green tinted sapphire 😗

Well I like chronographs - and I like solar-powered watches - so the idea of combining them in one watch appealed. And this one had a good, clean dial on it. So there you go!

Nice reply, Will.....I'll be looking out for something similar.

Having just put a new capacitor in a work mates Eco drive and setting it all up , I have to say how impressed I am with the quality of it and how it functions, think I'll be on the look out for one to add to the collection

Almost. Some were fitted with Sapphire. I'm in the US and mine does not have sapphire. Citizen will convert it for apx $180. But you can purchase a generic that will fit perfectly for about $25. Now if I could only find a green tinted sapphire 😗

It's a great watch and I have had two of them, I would be very interested in DIY modding mine to a sapphire crystal, where on earth did you find the replacement?

Tony