• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I've just picket up a reasonably handsome 1970s looking watch which claims to be made in Switzerland by the maker Duxot but I can't find a great deal out about them.

Do any of the learned gents (and ladies) of the forum know the first thing about this brand and or it's history as google is not really helping.

As one of the learned Gents someone who knows fecall about most things.I'd guess it's one of the many generic type SWISS makers/pieces that went "belly-up" in the Quartz revolution and there's not a lot of info.

Many Swiss makers were cottage type industries employing on a relatively small scale, it may be one of those - - looks OK tho' - - a wee tad blingy maybe ? :lol:

At one time a jeweller could order in maybe twenty watches own branded from these small makers in the Cantons, could even be that!

From WUS, July 19th 2009...

Re: Duxot ? Who are they?

"As I checked on Swiss registry, no watch brand was registered as Duxot during 1965 till 1995, so it is not a Swiss manufacture or brand, was not made in Swiss during this time frame."

See post # here

The plot thickens.

Doesn't "SWISS MADE" mean it's usually a Swiss movement cased up elsewhere like HK or some place else ISTR? Just a vague recollection, like most of mine nowadays :oldman:

"Made in Switzerland" is more specific ?

Doesn't "SWISS MADE" mean it's usually a Swiss movement cased up elsewhere like HK or some place else ISTR? Just a vague recollection, like most of mine nowadays :oldman:

"Made in Switzerland" is more specific ?

I've got other watches from reputable makes that say "Swiss Made" on the dial.

But I don't think either term carried guarantee of Swiss content until recently.