• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

New Arrival- Not Sure ?

jakej106

Not to sure on this one... So I work in a jewellers and over Christmas Clogau offered a incentive which I won, I won vouchers for the brand and I didn't really need anymore jewellery for the 710 so thought id treat myself to one of the 2 watches they had.

I chose the Clogau Baroque watch and it arrived today.

The watch is stainless steel case which measures in at 39mm excluding the crown, the dial is silver with black roman numerals, at 6 '0'clock there is a filigree 9ct rose gold section in which you can see the movement. This is all protected by sapphire crystal glass. The back of the case has an exhibition glass in which you can see what appears to be a mass produced Chinese automatic movement albeit with a cut out yellow engraved rotor which runs freely. The watch came supplied on a black leather strap with a steel deployment buckle operated with spring buttons.

opinions; the watch has kept time to within the minute after nine hours, the watch wears abit small for my liking I think this is down to a 33mm dial yet a39mm case. The watch is abit lighter than I like and I wish more attention was put into the movement even if it was engraving the plates. im not quiet sure about the watch all in all, so this may well end up on the trade page (will be open if some one was interested). The price on this watch is £500 and if it came down to it I would probably buy a second hand omega.

WP_20150110_13_49_27_Pro_zpse28aee0b.jpg

WP_20150110_13_50_50_Pro_zps017ddfb8.jpg

WP_20150110_13_51_40_Pro_zps6d88b1b4.jpg

and lastly on a brown strap as I think this brings out the colour of the rose gold

WP_20150110_19_25_57_Pro_zpsdef95430.jpg

so what is everyones take on this?

Not the worst thing in the world - looks very much like a lot of Rotary watches I've seen with that guilloche dial.

Excellent for a freebie, quite a generous incentive I'd say.

Sadly, it falls into the fashion watch category, not from a real watch-house, just a Clogau branded Chinese knock-up.

As such, I think you can kiss any ideas of an Omega goodbye in trade - these are doing £250ish (40% discount) on e.bay brand new boxed with full warranty, I reckon a fair bit less still for a worn one.

I'm not the biggest fan of Clogau for starters, it's all a bit of a swizz, but it does have its fans. I think e.bay is the best place for this one to find a new home.

Sorry I didn't mean to think I could get an omega for trades, badly put together on my behalf. I meant if I was to spend £500 I think I would of bought a second hand omega instead. Not sure if it'll get much wear but it does have the added bonus that'll ill have to get a bigger watch box, which means more watches need to be bought.

Hi Jake, reading your opening post I think you've said it all and have sub-consciously made up your mind that this watch is not for you. I too looked at one of these a while back whilst in a Clogau outlet shop with the mrs and quickly put it down, I just didn't get the watch weight, size or feel for the price being asked but as a freebie I would have snatch their hand off, so imo you've done alright mate.

:fox:

Hmmm, I can imagine some people might think this watch beautiful, but these could be the same people who find the face of a bulldog licking piss off a nettle attractive :eek:

:rofl2:

This looks suspiciously like one of those 'Saturday Newspaper' ads from people like 'Klaus Kobek', or even worse, 'Stauer'. Both these companies make out that they are producing 'authenticated' replicas of the watches offered for sale at greatly reduced prices. In truth they are complete $hite....especially Stauer, who reckon their replica of the Graves Super Complication wrist watch, which was originally a pocket watch ( just sold for 19,500,000€) can be bought for just over £100 of your hard earned.......please don't go there......

Edited by Roger the Dodger

This looks suspiciously like one of those 'Saturday Newspaper' ads from people like 'Klaus Kobek', or even worse, 'Stauer'. Both these companies make out that they are producing 'authenticated' replicas of the watches offered for sale at greatly reduced prices. In truth they are complete $hite....especially Stauer, who reckon their replica of the Graves Super Complication wrist watch, which was originally a pocket watch ( just sold for 19,500,000€) can be bought for just over £100 of your hard earned.......please don't go there......

Sums it up really, not the prettiest and just somehow comes across as a cheap copy of something nicer, sorry!! Just my opinion 'n all that.