• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hello

I was watching Bargain Hunt and an Omega Silver cased pocket watch went for under £50. Was this price unusual or can you get swiss pocket watches for that kind of money.

What is typical price for such items.

I look forward to hearing the discussion.

Yours

Farhan

Hi Farhan - the important thing to remember is that many of these antiques programmes such as Bargain Hunt are repeats and some are several years old. Which means that the sale prices may be well out of date as far as the current market is concerned. The pocket watch market is very variable and even silver watches can be bought at reasonable prices - unlike gold, which fetches a much higher price.

However, if the Omega was in good nick - dial, hands, case, movement, and properly hallmarked, I would expect it to go for much more than £50 - two to three times depending on the auction house and location. So my guess is that the programme was some years old and not representative of today's prices.