• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

That's a bit harsh!

We're only talking around the £100 mark!

Genuinely interested to hear what you might suggest as an alternative at this kind of price point?

Bond? Controversial? What are the chances of that happening?! :eek: :D

Ha, not sure it's controversial. Seiko's just don't to it for some people, just as Rolex don't do it for others.

Keen to hear what else compares at this sort of price level though.

Harsh maybe but unfortunately true, of coarse few here will admit to it but local jewellers with windows full of them just gathering dust even at half price and ones you can only buy abroad most likely because UK retailers cant sell and wont stock ??

As for an alternative....Divex 500m ... I think I think I paid £50 for mine and about the same for a 200m one

There are plenty more so Im sure you get the idea

:lol: :lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me, I've never owned a Seiko - - period! :nono:

Not that I dislike them, I just can't find anything unbland in the range except for maybe the Pogue, that has a sparkle for me, but of course at today's prices I'd have to sell a load of quality TIMEX :eek: :rofl2:

I do have a TIMEX with the Hattori movemnet innards, does that count? :lol:

Not that I dislike them, I just can't find anything unbland in the range except for maybe the Pogue, that has a sparkle for me, but of course at today's prices I'd have to sell a load of quality TIMEX :eek: :rofl2:

I've got a pogue too but not the gold one picked it up for £20 as it's gunky but hope to get it ticking again soon!

I've got a pogue too but not the gold one picked it up for £20 as it's gunky but hope to get it ticking again soon!

• 3 years later...
On 25/01/2015 at 20:17, james brodie said:

I wouldn't call it cheap- the Japanese version's nearly £200- and I would put it's dependability above my Rolex and Omega of similar age..

I'd put a £20 Casio above a Rolex for dependability if my experience of overpriced crap is anything to go by. :-(

I regret passing up a sarb033, and i had my eye on a 007, but i then noticed the threads about divex,apex and its been halted. Also the orient ray raven has had make me think about it a bit more. I know i should just take the plunge on a 009 or 007.