• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

As suggested in another off topic thread, and i'll bet there are a fair few car nuts on here, so why not start with one of the finest; My experiences are fairly limited for example Ive never had a 911 (never wanted one either...bet that's opened a can of worms). Any how ive been fortunate to have thoroughly enjoyed 3 of the front engine, rear drive water cooled models. My first was a little 924S automatic in white back in the year 2000, in 2003 i bought a 928S2 and in 2006 a 928S4. My favorite being the 928S2 so ill start with a picture of it...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will try and dig some photos out , i had the 924 2.0l then went for the 944 2.5l and to be fair the weight and balance of the car was perefect loved the pop up light i was like a kid at christmas when ever it got dark lol, next i would love to go for a 911 :thumbup:

Nigel, you can put up to SIX photo's in a thread mate, no need for a separate post for each individual snap - we'll be out of bandwidth at this rate.

Also, you get 15 minutes to edit a thread and add extra text to it Instead of adding half a dozen different replies to a thread within a couple of minutes of each other.

I'm not sure if you're urgently trying to get into 4 figures for your post count, just thought I'd mention it...

Nigel, you can put up to SIX photo's in a thread mate, no need for a separate post for each individual snap - we'll be out of bandwidth at this rate.

Also, you get 15 minutes to edit a thread and add extra text to it Instead of adding half a dozen different replies to a thread within a couple of minutes of each other.

I'm not sure if you're urgently trying to get into 4 figures for your post count, just thought I'd mention it...

apologies not trying to up my post count as ive nothing to achieve by doing so as i'm not aiming to buy or sell just share the interest, point taken though and hadn't realised i could add multiple pics to a single post...hadnt realised posts affected the domains ability to maintain its bandwith so apologies there also. As an adjunct i shall in future put all pictures in a single post... :yes:

apologies not trying to up my post count as ive nothing to achieve by doing so as i'm not aiming to buy or sell just share the interest, point taken though and hadn't realised i could add multiple pics to a single post...hadnt realised posts affected the domains ability to maintain its bandwith so apologies there also. As an adjunct i shall in future put all pictures in a single post... :yes:

It probably doesn't, I was taking the mickey when I said that. :lol:

I do like 928s. The early ones with pepperpot alloys and no spoilers are the best looking IMO though. :yes:

My uncle had one back in the day, but Risky Business made them seriously cool..

...OK, so who's the U-Boat Commander?

...You okay? Do you want an aspirin? Your dad own a gun?

928 is my dream car!! My grail car if you may! Not now as I have 2 little kids, I'm starting on an extension soon and there is no space on the drive!! But one day it will be mine the H reg was when they perfected it and that's the one I want in metallic blue

i will try and dig some photos out , i had the 924 2.0l then went for the 944 2.5l and to be fair the weight and balance of the car was perefect loved the pop up light i was like a kid at christmas when ever it got dark lol, next i would love to go for a 911 :thumbup:

Found a photo happy days

C6F4E28E-60D9-4492-BB35-F8D40283C70C_zpslmnlxy2o.png

3DBB7C79-FBA5-406A-B47A-E772D3392C59_zpsshe5whep.png

Edited by Iceblue

928 is my dream car!! My grail car if you may! Not now as I have 2 little kids, I'm starting on an extension soon and there is no space on the drive!! But one day it will be mine the H reg was when they perfected it and that's the one I want in metallic blue

. Don't want to overdo this posting lark and mek the forum run out of puff but agreed here is the pre GTS, 91, S4 i won concours awards with PCGB thats at Chatsworth :) 15974254953_41b44f61cc_b.jpg

Those 928s are beautiful cars. No wonder Porsche wanted to take their cars more in this direction - but the 911 refused to be displaced as the halo model!

I'm very lucky that my Mrs is as much into cars as much as I am - and she particularly loves her Porsches. We've been very lucky to have owned 3...

First up was a 2000MY Boxster S

Boxster%20top_zpso3lwmf4b.jpg

Next I had my favourite car from all that I've owned - and I'm so sorry I sold it for something "more practical" :-(

A 1998MY 993 Carrera S - rear drive, wide turbo body, normally aspirated air cooled sculpture on wheels. A real thing of beauty and the way it drove was simply amazing. Not easy to drive well, but so, so rewarding.

993S_zps0i4diq8j.jpg

Finally, this is my Mrs current car, and has been for nearly 8 years.

Her 2002MY 996 Carrera 4S...

DSC01411a_zpsmf2ystkq.jpg

Cheerz

Mark H

Next I had my favourite car from all that I've owned - and I'm so sorry I sold it for something "more practical" :-(

A 1998MY 993 Carrera S - rear drive, wide turbo body, normally aspirated air cooled sculpture on wheels. A real thing of beauty and the way it drove was simply amazing. Not easy to drive well, but so, so rewarding.

993S_zps0i4diq8j.jpg[/url

Know that what I am talking about nice my Grail car one day yes one day she will be mine very nice

Know that what I am talking about nice my Grail car one day yes one day she will be mine very nice

Thanks, man.

A grail car for me as well - and I wish I could replace her - but sadly probably never be able to afford the equivalent again :'(

Cheerz

Mark H

PS - love your blue staffy - we've always had staffs - have a blue bitch ourselves and a little Jack Russell to keep her in line, lol.

I sold it for something "more practical" :-(

Would that be the Evo in the background?

First time I've ever heard them called that :lol:

I did a daft thing and went from the 993 to a new '04 Civic Type R. Now it was a great car, a really great car, but I'd been spoiled, and the FWD chassis wasn't anywhere near as rewarding and let the package down for me. That got replaced by the Evo - WELL SPOTTED - and I've had that since late '05. Odometer is currently sitting at 90,002 miles. And, YES - the Evo IS our *practical* car. My bike even fits in the back seat with the wheels in the boot ;-)

Cheerz

Mark H

Mark H

PS - love your blue staffy - we've always had staffs - have a blue bitch ourselves and a little Jack Russell to keep her in line, lol.

Ahh never met a jack Russell that could not dribble a football ball like pele lol , I have two blue staffs a dog who is in the photo,s most of the time and a bitch that is camera shy bless here , loving loyal dogs , one day I will own another Porsche , the 911 etc has been a child hood dream since I was a kid so many years on still wishing

Edited by Iceblue

If I won the lottery defo a 993 rs in White or a vintage rs in martini racing colours

There is a guy very near were I live who owns a vintage flat nose with martini racing kit etc I keep seeing it a the local petrol station and then the dribbling starts lol

Edited by Iceblue

Found a photo happy days

C6F4E28E-60D9-4492-BB35-F8D40283C70C_zpslmnlxy2o.png

3DBB7C79-FBA5-406A-B47A-E772D3392C59_zpsshe5whep.png

That is a real classic an early 944 on cookie cutters, with Pasha trim and turbo valance, I think the 993 was the best 911 got away from the trouble of 964 oil leaks but kept the classic looks smoothed out a bit which i thought was perfect. I used to take my '28's to loebank motors in edenfield chris sanderson i think hes still going. As for the flat nose 911 they were the massively expensive LE versions. I thing they were all turbo's and retailed at close on 80 grand in 1985 when a standard turbo was half that. The water cooled 911's are great value but have a good read of one of the monthly mags eg porsche world first and be very careful of engine block and head problems. The block wasnt sufficiently cooled on some early versions leading to cracks in walls if not well maintained and respected

I sold it for something "more practical" :-(

Would that be the Evo in the background?

First time I've ever heard them called that :lol:

I did a daft thing and went from the 993 to a new '04 Civic Type R. Now it was a great car, a really great car, but I'd been spoiled, and the FWD chassis wasn't anywhere near as rewarding and let the package down for me. That got replaced by the Evo - WELL SPOTTED - and I've had that since late '05. Odometer is currently sitting at 90,002 miles. And, YES - the Evo IS our *practical* car. My bike even fits in the back seat with the wheels in the boot ;-)

Cheerz

Mark H

I suppose "practical" is relative anyway. I remember when I was changing my car. Originally planned to get a mondeo but then told the wife I was thinking about getting a reliable Japanese family saloon - her face was a picture when I came back with a Hawkeye Impreza :lol:

Not a Porsche, but back in the day (1975), yours truly sat in my pride and joy....the mighty TR6.....I was 21 at the time. I wish I still had it..... :sadwalk:

CNV00008.jpg

CNV00006.jpg

If you look really hard at the second pic, you can just make out the Seiko Pepsi (6139-6002) my parents boughbt me for my 21st.

Edited by Roger the Dodger