• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

5 minutes ago, wotsch said:

That is really nice, congratulations. Is that your first mod?

Where did you get the strap?

(Oh, and thank you for your compliments)

You are welcome!
Thank you for your comment. This is actually my last mod, but only 3 or 4 are final. I will post some pics when I will manage to get decent shots!
You can find this strap here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201368797242?var=500561044583&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

(Please excuse my english. I can't edit my posts) :)

11 hours ago, Arvac said:

Insert from Dr. Seikostein, bezel from zavar011 (ebay). I prefer the quality of Dr. Seikostein bezels, but I thing that they are huge for the ministry case.
The case is polished, it is just the diffused light (I used a plain A4 since I haven't a diffuser yet!).

Well the diffusing certainly worked! :wink:  Looks great anyway. I have a Dr S bezel on a 710 case and deliberately went for his big deep one with knurled edge. It is, as you say, huge. But I like it :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just read this thread again from the begining as I have an urge to mod a vostok. I have owned a few in the past and regret parting with them. 

Very difficult deciding which base model to start with , I want a 22mm lug so looking at either the 100 without crown guard or the 110 with guard. 

I have managed to source a family member that is willing to bead blast the case for me , off to Ebay and meranom website now to start pricing parts up like watch, bezel and maybe their new crown . 

Seeing as the last post on here was 2016 I was wondering if anyone had any new Vostok mods to add . 

1 hour ago, jsud2002 said:

Seeing as the last post on here was 2016 I was wondering if anyone had any new Vostok mods to add . 

I've got 2 left. Nothing special.

large.1552714891431691650819.jpg.ffe3b28812a7c936e5eed3bd1031e350.jpglarge.15576485293854362566903795291287.jpg.4f427bc2409922b2f240de712e312a17.jpg

• Like 2

F2-D7337-A-28-BD-44-C0-9-D65-F73-EB7-B1-
Apologies for jumping in. Just ordered this Amphibia 100842 for a first mod project. Only looking to change bezel, insert and put on a strap. 
Can I ask where people are buying their parts please? I’ve looked on One Second Closer, AM Watches and DLW. 
Also is it possible to use Seiko bezel and inserts on an Amphibia please? If so which do I look for?

Cheers in advance 

30 minutes ago, Yanto said:

Can I ask where people are buying their parts please? I’ve looked on One Second Closer, AM Watches and DLW. 
Also is it possible to use Seiko bezel and inserts on an Amphibia please? If so which do I look for?

Cheers in advance 

As far as I am aware A seiko bezel will not fit a vostok watch , but if for example you bought a bezel from OSC then a seiko bezel insert will fit  you need a bezel for a skx007 . 

Another alternative is to buy a bezel from Meranom 

https://meranom.com/en/amphibian-classic/spare-parts/bezels/

Edited by jsud2002
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

As far as I am aware A seiko bezel will not fit a vostok watch , but if for example you bought a bezel from OSC then a seiko bezel insert will fit  you need a bezel for a skx007 . 

Another alternative is to buy a bezel from Meranom 

https://meranom.com/en/amphibian-classic/spare-parts/bezels/

Great information. Many thanks really appreciate it. Time to shop!

• Like 1

I am still playing with these.

Copper plated 420

420-COPPER-4-050620.jpg

020 Big Triangle

020-BIG-TRIANGLE-3-270520.jpg

120 Black Field

120-FIELD-BLK-DIAL-5-260520.jpg

120-BLK-WHI-GLD-2-140620.jpg

150 Copper plated bezel

150-BITSA-3-170520.jpg

710-GREY-SM-1-080620.jpg