• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Vostok Manual Wind

Not sure what to say about this one - I bought it off Ebay last week purely because I fancied trying out a smaller watch & this one was reasonably priced with unusual styling, the fact that I didn't have a Vostok in my collection helped as well. It arrived today without a strap so I've fitted the only 18mm strap I could find at work - I'm intending to change it for a brown one as I don't think the black strap goes particularly well with the green/brown/brass coloured dial.

It's comfortably the smallest watch in my collection being a paltry 34mm in diameter without the crown, , lug to lug is 40mm & it's 10mm thick, as I've already mentioned the lug width is 18mm. Measured across the diagonal the watch is 38mm including the crown, the dial/crystal is only 24mm across.

The case is chrome plated (I think) & the condition is good. The bezel is ok apart from some plating wear between 30 & 40, it was too easy to turn (positively loose in fact) so I've tightened it up by tweaking the friction wire that sits underneath it. Build quality is typical Vostok - if you line the bezel up with 12 then the 30 on the bezel doesn't line up with the 6 on the dial; the chunky crown is famously wobbly once unscrewed but it works, & screws down again, absolutely fine; the sunrise/sunset caseback is the usual 2 piece design with the seperate locking ring. I was expecting all this & I'm not complaining considering the price I paid. The 17 jewel manual wind movement has a nice even tick & seems to be working well, & is keeping good time, so far. I've no idea how old the watch is - 1970/80's at a guess (it has CCCP on the dial at 6 if that helps?) but hopefuly someone will be along who can tell me about it in more detail.

As previously mentioned the dial is a strange brass/brown/green colour & is in good condition, the domed acrylic crystal could do with a polish but other than that it's in good condition as well. Hands are excellent but the lume has aged to a sort of beige colour - which looks pretty good against the dial actually - & I'm not expecting it to glow much (if at all).

I'm wondering if it's a boys/youths watch as I've seen them called the Cadet before & can see it being worn by 10 - 15 year olds in some sort of Russian military academy - as you can probably tell I've no clue!

That's about it really - I like it but it's virtually non-existant after all the large 42mm+ watches I usually wear :thumbup:

IMG_2987_zpsyhfb434o.jpg

IMG_2988_zpspdt8nkiu.jpg

Here it is next to the Bagelsport I strapped on this morning which is 38mm across (& much longer lug to lug) so pretty big compared to the Vostok - the bezel on the Vostok is 32mm which is only slightly larger than the 30mm dial on the Bagelsport. :)

IMG_2986_zpszxrprhcb.jpg

Edited by pauluspaolo

• 5 months later...

Not sure what to say about this one - I bought it off Ebay last week purely because I fancied trying out a smaller watch & this one was reasonably priced with unusual styling, the fact that I didn't have a Vostok in my collection helped as well. It arrived today without a strap so I've fitted the only 18mm strap I could find at work - I'm intending to change it for a brown one as I don't think the black strap goes particularly well with the green/brown/brass coloured dial.

It's comfortably the smallest watch in my collection being a paltry 34mm in diameter without the crown, , lug to lug is 40mm & it's 10mm thick, as I've already mentioned the lug width is 18mm. Measured across the diagonal the watch is 38mm including the crown, the dial/crystal is only 24mm across.

The case is chrome plated (I think) & the condition is good. The bezel is ok apart from some plating wear between 30 & 40, it was too easy to turn (positively loose in fact) so I've tightened it up by tweaking the friction wire that sits underneath it. Build quality is typical Vostok - if you line the bezel up with 12 then the 30 on the bezel doesn't line up with the 6 on the dial; the chunky crown is famously wobbly once unscrewed but it works, & screws down again, absolutely fine; the sunrise/sunset caseback is the usual 2 piece design with the seperate locking ring. I was expecting all this & I'm not complaining considering the price I paid. The 17 jewel manual wind movement has a nice even tick & seems to be working well, & is keeping good time, so far. I've no idea how old the watch is - 1970/80's at a guess (it has CCCP on the dial at 6 if that helps?) but hopefuly someone will be along who can tell me about it in more detail.

As previously mentioned the dial is a strange brass/brown/green colour & is in good condition, the domed acrylic crystal could do with a polish but other than that it's in good condition as well. Hands are excellent but the lume has aged to a sort of beige colour - which looks pretty good against the dial actually - & I'm not expecting it to glow much (if at all).

I'm wondering if it's a boys/youths watch as I've seen them called the Cadet before & can see it being worn by 10 - 15 year olds in some sort of Russian military academy - as you can probably tell I've no clue!

That's about it really - I like it but it's virtually non-existant after all the large 42mm+ watches I usually wear :thumbup:

IMG_2987_zpsyhfb434o.jpg

IMG_2988_zpspdt8nkiu.jpg

Here it is next to the Bagelsport I strapped on this morning which is 38mm across (& much longer lug to lug) so pretty big compared to the Vostok - the bezel on the Vostok is 32mm which is only slightly larger than the 30mm dial on the Bagelsport. :)

IMG_2986_zpszxrprhcb.jpg

Cadet watch, enjoy this link................:thumbsup:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/show-me-your-vostok-cadets-juniors-mini-dirskies-1405810.html?highlight=cadet