Here's my only Breitling, the mighty B1

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Font

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I've moved on my two previous, but not have this, so still a member:

cd2f39b4f8f83acf870e0816c86a68d6.jpg

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
A 2003 Breitling B1 A68362 which had a SQ module put into it about 10 years ago. The watch was in a bit of a state in 2018 after 8 years hard work, LCD screens didn't work, bracelet damaged and much more. Late last year I decided to bring it back to life and sent it for a full overhaul at BUK and sourced a NOS bracelet.

There is a slight patina now on the 17 year old dial which is barely noticeable except under magnification and at certain angles, surprised that BUK didn't suggest a new dial as they suggested a new everything else :laugh:

The fighter bracelet which is one of B'lings better looking bracelets but one which isn't as robust as later styles has been out of production for some time. Mine was in a bad way, I found a few bits and pieces online but it still didn't address the problems properly. I was mulling over paying £900 for a modern replacement when I found a NOS Fighter on Ebay for a sensible price.

Although I have spent as much on the watch as it is worth I couldn't let this classic go, I will keep it going for as long as B'ling have the spares.

#16 ·
Haven't been around for a while,anyway I picked up another breitling this time a super ocean,but I have noticed that every 3 days it stops and that's when I am wearing it, anybody got a clue as to what is happening to it ? thanks in advance

#18 ·
My old "Top Hat", goes by a couple of different names...

20160823-161626-zpsp4towjj5.jpg

@andyclient what is the strap on that old Navi, please?
The strap and clasp came from cousins very nice quality and very reasonable for the thickness of the leather. If you can't find it on their site let me know and I'll find the part number for you when I'm on my pc