• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple of shots of my two: First, my "Bond" Seamaster. A recent acquisition from a first class member of this forum. I had one of these yonks ago and always regretted selling it.   Th

New member to the club, and my first nice watch. Present from my wife for my 50th....      

Another thread I somehow never got round to posting in, anyway, here`s my contribution...    Seamaster cal.562 24 Jewels 1961.    ELECTRONIC f300Hz (cal.1250) Seamaster  CHRON

Posted Images

Chronostop Driver. You wore it on the inside of your wrist so it looked right when driving, bit of a short lived gimmick really. Rather more rare than the normal orientation one I have. You wouldn't know it to look at the small 34mm case but the movement used in those is basically a slightly simplified version of that in the Speedmaster Pro.

Nice selection there. 

Edited by Padders
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Padders said:

Chronostop Driver. You wore it on the inside of your wrist so it looked right when driving, bit of a short lived gimmick really.

Padders is exactly right...not surprising that my father liked this as he was an advance police driving instructor for his profession, not that he had this when he was instructing but a great watch for him to have had.

Thanks for the lovely comments.

27 minutes ago, Biker said:

I bloody love these two...

Still got the Mark V, I believe it is 1983 and is so lovely with the cushion shape, really makes a statement on the wrist. 

The 1940 manual was sold via auction, as were the Megaquartz, both Dynamics and the drivers watch. They just about paid for my Gibson 335 guitar so I was very pleased (as was my wife!), especially as I still have the Mark V, Moonwatch, Multi-function Quartz, Cosmic and Constellation. Hard choices but we can't have everything I suppose!

• 1 month later...

Well here is the new arrival which caused me to part with 5 watches !

To me it was well worth it!    Big thanks to Padders for letting it go.

Quartz version 41mm.

Believe me the pics just don't do this watch justice.

omega.jpg

Edited by Richy
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Richy said:

Well here is the new arrival which caused me to part with 5 watches !

To me it was well worth it!    Big thanks to Padders for letting it go.

Quartz version 41mm.

Believe me the pics just don't do this watch justice.

omega.jpg

Get that pic enlarged pronto! I am glad to see that one in safe hands. I suppose at some point I had better post a pic of my revised slimmed down SMP collection!

Edited by Padders
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, njstockley said:

I’m a new member of the Omega owners club! This is my wife’s late father’s Omega Constellation. Cal. 561 and serial number starting 2442... which I think dates it to 1966?!

1zbfp6o.jpg

I should have mentioned ... the watch has just been polished and serviced - and obviously a new strap fitted! Running very well indeed and love how understated it is