• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Christopher Ward Owners Club

AVO

I've got this: C5 auto Mk1  These had a few changes over the model run. This is the second iteration, the very first ones had gold plated movements. Now all CW watches are made in Switzerland, but this early one was assembled in the UK, which is why it says Swiss Movt. (Eta 2824)

12311307504_9840c3cb28_o.jpg

12037538304_c656fe0312_o.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just arrived this morning. Took a chance on this as it's right on the edge size wise for me at c50mm lug to lug, but it sits really nicely. Quite taken with it at the moment. Might look good on a black leather strap?

015f2ae7d8b1544e77cde2416ca8524b55dd299a

• Like 2

Bought this on a rush of blood to the head on eBay yesterday, and it arrived today.  It was posted within an hour of the sale.

I like this a lot and think it might be my new favourite :biggrin: only trouble is something else will have to go :sad:

The last owner replaced the strap for one with fully brushed links.

P1010297.JPG?gl=GB

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
Just now, Gpts said:

Variation on a theme, but similar issue here. Lovely watch but haven't worn it and not bonding 

2015_11_25_10_32_35.jpg

I had considered black vs white, but even that one, something is off. I think part of it might be the glossy ceramic bezel. Hopefully wearing it for a day wont void the return policy. Maybe thats why they included the £190 strap on the sale pieces, so you cant viably return them.

TBH don't mind the bezel and like the colours, but would prefer it on a bracelet and the 38mm size is a tiny bit small for me. Mine's the quartz though, and paid about £160, so hoping I'll get that back if/when I sell it. I'm sure you could return yours as long as there's no damage. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you already know but just found this on the CW forum after asking about guarantees. 

"The guarantee is transferable, but it helps if you have the original order number when the watch was purchased new (one of the reasons watches sold on here sell more quickly with the original invoice) as CW do not keep records of when watches are sold by serial number (which strikes many as madness)."

Rob....

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Nick67+1 said:

Going to wait for the next sale.

The problem with that, Nick, is that you never quite know what is going to be in the sale. The watch you really want may or may not be there. And even if it is there you might find yourself unable to buy it because all the good stuff has been hoovered up by the eBay scalpers.

At least with the voucher you are guaranteed £100 off any watch in stock (over £500 RRP)

• Like 1

Just now, AVO said:

The problem with that, Nick, is that you never quite know what is going to be in the sale. The watch you really want may or may not be there. And even if it is there you might find yourself unable to buy it because all the good stuff has been hoovered up by the eBay scalpers.

At least with the voucher you are guaranteed £100 off any watch in stock (over £500 RRP)

I know, the problem is the one on there I really like is the green motorsport chronograph with the leather strap which is under £500 so I can’t use the voucher anyway. It’s a bit pricey for Quartz, well over my limit, and after I got the blue one half price in a sale I’m reluctant to pay full price just for slightly updated model in a different colour.  

The diver’s don’t really do it for me at that price level, solid watch, very good quality, nice movement  but they don’t set my heart racing. Even with £100 off I would probably  still prefer another Tissot Seastar for around the £500 mark. 

At the minute unless they produce something to totally wow me I’ll probably be only picking something up if it’s reduced.  I gave up on their last sale of randomly checking the site to see what had been put on offer, life is too short that kind of thing. 

7 minutes ago, Nick67+1 said:

At the minute unless they produce something to totally wow me I’ll probably be only picking something up if it’s reduced. 

Having convinced myself that I have finished collecting, that’s very much my own feeling.

Can’t think of anything I need.

No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound,

Nothing to eat, no books to read.

3 hours ago, AVO said:

Having convinced myself that I have finished collecting, that’s very much my own feeling.

Can’t think of anything I need.

No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound,

Nothing to eat, no books to read.

Have you karked it, Steve...:laughing2dw:

Blimey...I still need half an hours reading of Sherlock Holmes before I turn over and pass out for the night...as I have done for the last 50 years...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's my other CW:

IMG_20201119_075539

I own 2 of their watches but am a fan of the brand and have owned 4 in my time. 

I enjoyed the buying experience for this one as I visited their showroom in Maidenhead to make the purchase and got a few freebies thrown in. 

I really like the individualism of this piece, the C60 Trident Ombre COSC 

• Like 1