• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
trackrat

Hamilton owners club

Blimey, Hamilton certainly know how to make a good looking watch :thumbs_up:

The oldies are not for me, just my personal preference, but the newer models are absolutely stunning :yes:

Well, after a year of Apple Watch I've gone back to my faithful Hamilton Khaki automatic. Only after a day of wearing it again have I realised how much I missed a proper watch

42aa6facdbfc01f3995036b717142f17.jpg

• Like 1

Here goes nothing...having browsed through the weird, wonderful, and exotic posts for this watch I shall add these from my father's collection as a matter of record but wow, some of the watches in this forum are very special. Don't make me start looking for yet another brand to buy!!

The automatic

20161204_135612_zpsthmwggyr.jpg

the quartz

20161204_135727_zpsivzuts8u.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Levity said:

Got this one today from @Roy and very nice it is too !

31329984843_45fe75d6a1_z.jpg

That's because they do the basic requirement very well... show the time very clearly and accurately. Is there a better accolade for any watch? - well I suppose looking classy is a clear benefit!!! :rolleyes:

Got this Hamilton Pan-Europ as a gift. I've had a few issues with it, namely it seems to be gaining around 20/25s a day, and some of the red on the leather is getting scratched off. Is this something that a servicing would sort out? Or should I use the 3-year warranty that came with the watch? I've also considered that the watch could be a fake, however it did come with the box and an official Hamilton retailer stamp.

I've added a few photos so you can have a look. Let me know what you think.

QHXXMk3.jpg9jTu3uu.jpgOEZdMbm.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaxJeffery said:

it seems to be gaining around 20/25s a day, 

Contact Hamilton via their website. I wouldn't accept that. If you have proof of purchase, they will send you a prepaid package for returning your watch for repair/regulating under guarantee. Regarding the strap, the answer may be "it's not covered by warranty", but I would be pleasant and ask for a bit of good will, if the watch hasn't been worn much.

A few of mine:

$_12

1956 Whitman - Cal 735 movement

b - Copy

1968 Dateline (or very similar - I believe this is a European specific model as it doesn't appear in any of the online Hamilton catalogues though there is a version with the dial and chapter rind colours reversed) - Cal 64 movement

DSC02988

Early 1990s Chronograph - 39 jewel Lemania (LWO) 283 movement (which is an ETA 2892-2 with a Dubois Dépraz chronograph module attached - hence the deep-set date window)

My favourite Hamilton I own...
20180920_124354.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My favourite Hamilton I own...
20180920_124354.thumb.jpeg.5e8e4cb1406ecf6d94cbc37b659ffc2b.jpeg

..not the right way round...
But heres my other...
20180819_121052.jpeg

Don't know how to attach photos.  But I'm now a proud ovner of Hamilton Khaki Frogman . The 42mm on rubber strap. :clap::clap::clap:

Wow what a truly fantastic selection of beautiful pieces, Hamilton are one of my favourite watch makers and flicking through here really shows why.

You'll have to excuse the terrible photography but here is mine:

48142111131_e7169d4006_c.jpg15617096285135058284360708064015 by 

I know they're not to everyone's tastes but I love it and have had a lot of compliments and comments on it from watch and non watch people alike.