• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Markybirch

Divex Owners Club

Yours is obviously the one showing the incorrect time and date :whistling:

We've got the same watches - hers always shows the correct time even though she sets it a few minutes fast......... god knows why she does that :bash: 

Well worth it though budget for a nato as the rubber strap is mahoosive.  My youngest's is as below prior to a bond nato being fitted. Impressed so far as ideal for a youngster following excellent recommendations from here.

IMG_4315_zps09ario3q.jpg

• Like 2

On 29/09/2019 at 10:11, Hayballs said:

I worked at Divex in the early 00's. Staff discount.......£18. :thumbs_up:

shr_867.jpg

So, I was just thinking, I'll send you the £18 and you can just pop it in the post down to G66...:yes:

• Haha 1

I rather like the Divex watches - a small range of reasonably priced, well-built, no-nonsense divers. I presume they are all quartz with Seiko/Hattori movements - a mechanical version would be nice as well .:)

15 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

I rather like the Divex watches - a small range of reasonably priced, well-built, no-nonsense divers. I presume they are all quartz with Seiko/Hattori movements - a mechanical version would be nice as well .:)

While not a 'Divex' branded item, I had the Tauchmeister (a 'Germasian' company, pronounced 'Torchmeister') that had a Miyota 8215 (Citizen) 21 jewel auto movt inside it. While these watches are branded with many names (Divex, Apeks, Aqualung et al) I think Tauchmeister are the only one that do the mechanical version as well as the quartz. (I stand to be corrected on that point, so don't take it as gospel...it's just that I've never seen any other auto version). The watch has a slightly thicker case to accommodate the thicker movt.

Tauchmeister.

• Thanks 1

Dear Rog, thanks for that useful bit of info. I have, from time to time, looked at the Tauchmeister watches and thought how reasonably priced they are. However, I have always been a bit wary of buying one in case the purchase turns out to be a case of, "you get what you pay for, so serves you right". I do like that yellow dial version you show. Very nice...:)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

Dear Rog, thanks for that useful bit of info. I have, from time to time, looked at the Tauchmeister watches and thought how reasonably priced they are. However, I have always been a bit wary of buying one in case the purchase turns out to be a case of, "you get what you pay for, so serves you right". I do like that yellow dial version you show. Very nice...:)

I think you're quite correct on that point, Honour. The watch above was quite underwhelming when it arrived...so much so that I never even did a 'Look what's arrived!' thread about it, I was that disappointed. While it looked alright superficially, I found the rubber strap was cheap and nasty, and the lume on the plots was non existent...in fact the plots just looked as though they were printed onto the dial with pale green ink. If you look at the pic above, you can see that they are a different colour to the hands, which did have a bit of lume on them. It was moved on fairly rapidly. Conversely, when Mike (@BlueKnight) posts pics of his yellow quartz version, the lume always appears outstanding.

• Thanks 1

The quality of this one is spot on. It has a great finish and everything lines up. If you told me it was £350 instead of a ton I'd believe you. Those curved shrouded lugs are genius. Although it looks like it would be really unwieldy, it sits beautifully.

IMG_20200605_085127.jpg

I wonder how we all managed to own our Divex watches?

As I've mentioned previously, I worked there for a period of time as a Designer. The engineering in the place was pretty cool. 

Divex is now part of JFD but the watches can still be purchased on their website. 

11 minutes ago, Hayballs said:

I wonder how we all managed to own our Divex watches?

As I've mentioned previously, I worked there for a period of time as a Designer. The engineering in the place was pretty cool. 

Divex is now part of JFD but the watches can still be purchased on their website. 

Mine's from JFD. Came in s rather smart little box, and very quickly.

Got mine from a friend of a friend who worked in their Westhill office. A colleague also has one, that he won in a raffle years ago. 

On 05/06/2020 at 08:51, badgersdad said:

Those curved shrouded lugs are genius. 

That's a very good point! I've fitted a shark mesh to many watches, but the gap between the mesh links and the case on most look untidy...as in this pic of a Sea Urchin on one...

Roger's Watch album.

With those unique, shrouded lugs, however, you can fit a mesh and the ends are covered up, giving a much better appearance. (The watch here is an Apeks, but apart from the branding, the same)

Apeks

Apeks

On 06/06/2020 at 14:15, Roger the Dodger said:

That's a very good point! I've fitted a shark mesh to many watches, but the gap between the mesh links and the case on most look untidy...as in this pic of a Sea Urchin on one...

Roger's Watch album.

With those unique, shrouded lugs, however, you can fit a mesh and the ends are covered up, giving a much better appearance. (The watch here is an Apeks, but apart from the branding, the same)

Apeks

Apeks

How did you get the original rubber off? I can't see any way other than cutting it - it's a tight old fit for a springbar tool.

1 hour ago, badgersdad said:

How did you get the original rubber off? I can't see any way other than cutting it - it's a tight old fit for a springbar tool.

Yes, it was tight as the end of the rubber strap is slightly wider than the lugs,

Apeks strap.

...but the fine end of a Bergeon spring bar tool just squeezed in,

Apeks strap.

...and the rubber (on the Apeks at least) was just pliable enough to allow me to compress the spring bar enough for it to pop out.

Apeks strap.

Here you can see the end of the rubber strap is about 0.5mm wider than the lugs.

Apeks strap.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup: