• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
AVO

Orient Owners' Club

Finally got my hands on my Orient Ray 2 for my birthday and it has been on my wrist every day since.

The blue dial is mesmerising and it feels solidly built. It is keeping excellent time at the moment.

Overall I am very impressed. here are some pics:

IMG_3069_zpsfxpurwgd.jpgIMG_3064_zpsosgokpfv.jpgIMG_3057_zpsx5jgbjwt.jpgIMG_3049_zpsrrhjtizm.jpgIMG_3047_zpskze8igbk.jpg

• Like 4

DSC_0763_zpskn1rhas2.jpg

Put mine on again for a comparison, yours has longer (better looking) hands.

My Ray Raven II. Awesome build quality for the price. The value for money is just off the scale. I'm looking to get a blue Mako II and an Orient Star next.

14mylix.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete wilding said:

A very nice pair of watches,like the textured/carbon effect on the dial

Thanks Pete. :thumbsup:

Apart from being on the lookout for an all black watch, I was initially drawn to the leather strap being shaped to the case. Not until I saw a few YouTube videos that I noticed the carbon weave on the dial, nice touch. It's very comfy on the wrist too.

10omtn5.jpg

Orient Mako II blue on Ray II bracelet. I like the dial of the Mako but I prefer the bracelet that comes with the Ray - yes it's a little bit blingy but I think it better suits what I regard as a dress diver. There's a dealer in Germany that supplies the bracelet separately.

• Like 2

My first - a bargain purchase from ebay with a view to 'fixing up'.

Currently stumped on why the day (9 o'clock) won't change (date does, using the push button).

Usually the pushbutton changed the day and the date is changed by the crown, perhaps yours is the opposite way around.  Does the crown have 2 positions?  If so one will be for day and one will be for time.

6 hours ago, Biker said:

Usually the pushbutton changed the day and the date is changed by the crown, perhaps yours is the opposite way around.  Does the crown have 2 positions?  If so one will be for day and one will be for time.

It appears to, but the day still stays the same. That said, even now when I pull the crown right out to adjust tye hands, the second hand keeps moving, so I think I’ve made it worse...

No, it's a non-hacking movement, some are some aren't it is not an issue.

Hacking = the seconds hand stops when the crown is pulled out.

Non-hacking = the seconds hand keeps going.  Also when you apply a little reverse pressure the seconds hand goes in reverse, wouldn't recommend doing this for long though..

• Like 1

I think everyone must have seen my Orient now but just discovered these members threads:

41227202065_7ff4837400_z.jpg

Orient Sea King. Not sure whether 70's or 80's. My second favourite watch.

• Like 2

My first Orient turned up yesterday. Absolutely astonished at how much watch you get for just over £100. I have a feeling this will be the first of many!! :laugh:

IMG_4450

• Like 1

My Orients have disappeared from the thread?:(

Putting them back up..

Mako XL  x2

IMG_20171027_143742613.jpg.be414fb2d4337528406e7f1be9717e96.jpgIMG_20170807_161125487.jpg.6aea4dd6331df18ec02772b2290e54ab.jpg

Nami

IMG_20171209_140440952.jpg.d5a2e2d7b058a53b59ddfbfd6cf77dbb.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BobJ said:

My Orients have disappeared from the thread?:(

Putting them back up..

Mako XL  x2

IMG_20171027_143742613.jpg.be414fb2d4337528406e7f1be9717e96.jpgIMG_20170807_161125487.jpg.6aea4dd6331df18ec02772b2290e54ab.jpg

Nami

IMG_20171209_140440952.jpg.d5a2e2d7b058a53b59ddfbfd6cf77dbb.jpg

I love that green bezel and white face. Looks so cool :wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finally bagged a black Mako USA 1 to complete the set. It`s taken me a year to track one down but I got there in the end :biggrin:

FEM6500HD9 .                                                  FEM6500GW9                                            FEM6500FB9          

GESf8Zg.jpg

Edited by Decker
  • Like 3

These are my Orient's, just four at the moment, but great watches and want to add more in the future, Ray II, Esteem and Polaris are on the my wish list.:)

Orient Bambino  2nd Gen Ver 1 FAC00005W0

Orient 2nd Gen. Bambino Ver 4 FAC08004D0Orient Bambino 2nd Gen  Ver 3 - FAC0000CA0Orient Macko II Automatic Watch FAA02002D9

• Like 3

My orient collection is growing. :ooops::laugh:

Couple more I've added over the last few weeks.

Orient Chronograph Quartz   FTVAA002W0

Orient Chronograph Quartz   FTVAA002W0

Orient Sun and Moon Gen 1 Automatic  FET0P001W0 (cal. 46B46)

Orient Sun and Moon Gen 1 Automatic  FET0P001W0 (cal. 46B46)

• Like 2