• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
AVO

Orient Owners' Club

Beautiful watches. I will be looking for a an Orient Star dress watch next, white/cream face with the blued hands. But in the meantime, here is a snap of my newly acquired Pepsi Mako II. I'm just a sucker for blue sunburst dials.

45925253655_fed4b60240.jpgIMG_6764 by Hog, on Flickr

• Like 4

Up to seven Orient's now, and a Ray II coming soon.:ooops::laugh:

Here's the latest one. Orient with Power Reserve FFDAH004Y (Cal.46N40)

Orient Power Reserve FFDAH004Y (Cal.46N40)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, HogWatch said:

@Graham60  Orient really do justice to the dials. So much fine detail.

Yes agree with you, plus even their plain dials come to life with the way the light catches them, like in your photo of the Mako II. I'm a bit like yourself, love a good blue dial but with a brown/tan strap.:)

Hello!

The Orient watch I bought, and to which this email refers, seems to have developed a fault. Whereas the watch has gained a little ever since it arrived, yesterday it gained over 12 minutes. Today, I wore it rather less. Initially it seemed to be keeping good time, but then over the space of 2 or 3 hours gained another 4 or 5 minutes. It seems to me that when I have ben wearing it for some time, and presumably is close to being fully wound, it gains an unacceptable amount.

I am aware from your website that you offer a 30 day returns policy. However, for a watch that is only a couple of months old it should not be so inaccurate and inconsistent.

I would appreciate your comments.

Best wishes,

Thank you for shopping with us.

Please attempt the following and let us know if it worked?

Sometimes the mainspring may have gotten itself caught on one of the
screws inside the watch. To get it freed up try this: Place the watch
on your palm with the crystal down and slap the watch. If this freed
up the mainspring it should start keeping good time.

Best Regards,
Vanya

Like us on Facebook for discount coupons:
https://www.facebook.com/creationwatchespage

Best Regards,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried your suggested remedy and for a day or so, it seemed to work. However, I noticed this morning that the watch seemed to have begun gaining gain. I set to to about 1 minute slow around 9am today, but now it is 6 minutes fast. Yesterday it gained scarcely 1 minute all day. This gives the impression that your suggestion of the mainspring catching on something is correct, but that the watch has to would to a particular level before the fault become apparent, and also that it does not happen consistently. I have taken the watch off and I’m allowing it to run down for a few hours to see what happens now.

I await further advice.

Yours sincerely,

Thank you for writing to us. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to inform you that the 30 Days return/exchange policy
has been expired now.

The watch has a one-year International manufacturer warranty and will
be repaired at any one of authorized repair centre(s) listed in the
warranty card.
If the repair centre is not near your location, you could also courier
the watch to them - first call the phone number of the repair centre
informing them of your intent to send them the watch for repairs.
Next, enclose the warranty card along with the watch, your return
address and a summary of the problem.  If the repair centre fails to
honour the warranty for any reason, please feel free to return the
watch to us for repair.

Best Regards,

And of course there is no UK office for Orient.

Caveat emptor and all that.

The above correspondence was with Creation Watches.

That's a bit unfortunate, but seemingly true enough re Orient's status in the UK.  My Ray2 also accelerated a bit but to nowhere near the extent you detailed. There's a very helpful watch servicer not 30 miles from my home, maybe 25 miles north of Edinburgh who's regulated other watches for me so I put it him for adjustment.  After that, it's been a model of accuracy - by mechanical standards anyway, having become the closest to zero drift in my little set  of mechanicals that's all-Seiko apart from thjs one.

If you like I could PM his details to you, if you prefer to pursue that sort of option..

I'm inclined to buy things in general from Amazon UK purely because faulty Prime items are all returnable for up to a year following sale with no messing around. The downside is with Seikos you lose the Seiko warranty, since Amazon isn't an approved Seiko dealer; so I guess their stock may be from the grey market.

Updating my Orient collection with number 9 & 10.:whistle::laugh:

Orient Symphony  FER2700CW0 (Cal-48743)

Orient Symphony  FER2700CW0 (Cal-48743)

Orient Star Classic Power Reserve SAF02001S0 (Cal 40N52)

Orient Star Classic Automatic Power Reserve SAF02001S0 Caliber 40N52

• Like 2

On 29/04/2019 at 22:15, Biker said:

You just can't have too many Orients

Exactly. :thumbsup:

Now number 11.:whistle::laugh:

Orient "Kasamu" RA-AA0004E19B (Cal: F6922)

889838213_OrientKasamuRA-AA0004E19BCalF6922.thumb.jpg.fc6cc94881f2b51508a190b8d589b456.jpg

Edited by Graham60
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Graham60 said:

Now number 11.:whistle::laugh:

I only have 2 so far, but on the lookout for others. I do like your Symphony, but I don't think it would suit me. Been looking at Rays. The Kamasu looks interesting too.

DSC_9023ass

• Like 2

10 hours ago, spinynorman said:

I only have 2 so far, but on the lookout for others. I do like your Symphony, but I don't think it would suit me. Been looking at Rays. The Kamasu looks interesting too.

DSC_9023ass

Two beautiful looking watches, love your choice of straps too, especially the blue one.:thumbsup:

The Symphony I picked up on ebay for £60, it had only been worn once, so was in great condition, just like new. It's doesn't have hand winding or hacking but I still like it.

The Ray and Kamasu (correct spelling this time :ooops::laugh:, don't know why i didn't notice that i before) are similar feel to them on the wrist and same movement, just dial and colour options are different and  a slight different look on the bracelet, looks more like the bracelet on the Mako but with an extra micro adjustment hole (4 as apposed to 3 on the Mako and ray).

1 hour ago, Graham60 said:

The Ray and Kamasu (correct spelling this time :ooops::laugh:, don't know why i didn't notice that i before)

I didn't notice either, totally accidental that I got it right myself.