• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

So we all have a few watches

Nigelp

Has to be my Orient Symphony. Bought it to cheer myself up after a motorcycle accident on the day of my History A level last year!I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it as it is the perfect watch for me. 41mm, in house movement, white dial, simple and elegant, can be worn worn for formal and around the house. Perfect mix of polished and brushed finishes in the right places. I would say it's the 'flagship' of my collection

20150601_1721552_zps7rlxhgfn.jpg

• Like 1

I wouldn't say it's my favourite current watch but I will pick this.     Like most of us,  I have obsessed about certain watches for a period of time before buying,  as well as making some snap decisions to buy on sight with certain watches.     Being a complete sucker for unusual / special edition / graphic dial watches,     my eyes just about pinged out of my skull when I saw this.     Not a rare or especially important watch by any means but..

CAM00928.jpg

• Like 1

I think, it the wifey put her foot down and said, there can only be one. I reckon it would be this one.

That's a whole different thread waiting to happen. I've no idea which I'd keep.:sad:

My favourite changes from day to day, but most often is the 6139-7070. Perfect size, perfect shape, lovely dial.

If only I could take a good picture of it.

IMG_20150529_085206.jpg

Edited by badgersdad
  • Like 2

Got this when my boy passed out as a Royal Marine. TBH would prefer it without the logo and maybe engraved on the back, but totally bulletproof comfortable easy to see never to be sold watch. Also love the knurled crown which is perfect to use. I do have a new love, but only three days in so early doors. 

2015_%2525203_20_%2525207_26.jpg 

• Like 2

Got this when my boy passed out as a Royal Marine. TBH would prefer it without the logo and maybe engraved on the back, but totally bulletproof comfortable easy to see never to be sold watch. Also love the knurled crown which is perfect to use. I do have a new love, but only three days in so early doors. 

2015_%2525203_20_%2525207_26.jpg Everything's nicer with a story behind it.

• Like 1

2015_%2525203_20_%2525207_26.jpg 

Great watch I have one and I sold it and bought it back great on the wrist and for you sentimental 

• Like 1

I have a th gulf the wife bought me but the one I am fond of and a keeper is the breitling , trigger on the forum owned it before me and I contacted him and said if you ever sell it please let me know and he did and he even held it for me until I got the funds together , one of the great good guy on the forum  , I sold my oris tt1 and Seiko spork to get the funds together to buy this  that's why for me  its a keeper :biggrin:

ED94D325-0E4E-4782-8840-18605B947BB9_zps

• Like 1

Got to be my Colt 44.  As it has a brushed braclet I dont worry about scratches so much.  I must wear this at least half the time to three quarters.

20141206_120231.jpg

But my OVM gets the other half but this may change now its summer.

20141205_152138.jpg

As said above the 007 is always a good goto watch as well.

• Like 1

I think, it the wifey put her foot down and said, there can only be one. I reckon it would be this one.

That's a whole different thread waiting to happen. I've no idea which I'd keep.:sad:

My favourite changes from day to day, but most often is the 6139-7070. Perfect size, perfect shape, lovely dial.

If only I could take a good picture of it.

IMG_20150529_085206.jpg

​that is nice i'm not a seikoholic  but ive had my eye on this i wont because i'm saving for an aquis at the mo but i like the style of it looks very much the gentleman's version of the explorer, Seiko Alpinist.

http://www.qualitytime-watches.co.uk/discounted-quality-watches-productdetails.aspx?ref=1077&m=2

2015_%2525203_20_%2525207_26.jpg Everything's nicer with a story behind it.

​Yes like the story perhaps we should have a section for watches with a story to tell or a history or reason for buying them etc.

• Like 1

I've had three real beaters.

This one is quite accurate and I've banged it up a little bit over the years.
seagmt258.jpg

This one is quite accurate and was fairly banged up when I bought it, so no worries there.
sea300-306.jpg

I purchased this one because it was bright and shiny, as well as red and blue, and I was bored. I really need to take the back off and do some adjusting. I have been wearing it for two or three months for no reason at all.:biggrin:
amphibianauto181.jpg

Later,
William

• Like 1

IMAG0244.jpg

For all the reasons that are well documented here

:lol: :lol:

​would be mine too:wink:

​some incredibly cool watches esp the Omegas of WW however were i a yacht Bourne billionaire wondering which helicopter to take off the back...or indeed a fitter in the North East with a few sensible readies this would be my daily beater.............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........must start saving up:cool: 

photo-5.jpg

My SMP, bought as a belated 40/ wedding gift by my wife. Most unexpected went to london to by my son a tag for his 21st. Bought him one but tried the omega on at the same time. The wife saw my face when I had to give it back to the salesman. Left  the shop got on train at Charring Cross train stopped at Waterloo  and she got off the train. I asked what she was doing . She said, "going to buy you that watch".

Couldn't believe my luck. She's a keeper as is the watch.

Edited by Steve72
  • Like 1