• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tuning Fork Club

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course!

Oh dear....what has happened to the Tuning Fork Club?  Where is everyone? Some of mine:

Posted Images

These gold ones am selling on the 'bay...... and have got two other ones as well, or is it three? If i can find them will do some more pics.......

One of these below is not a "real" hummer....... :whistling:

P1150137_zpsmxdqgfrl.jpgP1150138_zpsiywzjl3f.jpg

Explain?  Is one a quartz conversion?  The back of the one on the left is certainly "non-standard" ...

These gold ones am selling on the 'bay...... and have got two other ones as well, or is it three? If i can find them will do some more pics.......

Explain?  Is one a quartz conversion?  The back of the one on the left is certainly "non-standard" ...

The day / date window looks too big for the wheels in the one on the right..

Let's see the dial on that Hisonic!

Haven't got a photo for some reason. :sad:

I see a gold crown on a SS case.... with 1970s Citizens that usually means a Cut-Glass-Crystal-Disco-Dial monster.

Perhaps it was just too loud to photograph from the front?

I'll have to see if I can find a photo of mine (or take a new photo) ... it has a Mother-Of-Pearl dial under cut glass, and is just plain garish!! :tongue:

OK - took a new picture.  Tremble before its bling-tastic majesty!  :biggrin:

20150625_180827_zpsh9wdgmjo.jpg

LOL!  I was going to respond and tell you that I typically get them from Esslinger.com (http://www.esslinger.com/accucell-1-35v-batteries-to-fit-bulova-acutron-with-grommet-and-tab/), but that probably only makes sense (cost-wise) if you're in the US like I am.  Your online price seems reasonable!

Ahh!

I'm in the UK, It was The Small Battery company in London that I found them 
:cool:

Many thanks, John :smile:

The day / date window looks too big for the wheels in the one on the right..

Yes Paul's got it right, the one on the far right has an old style Bulova quartz movement, it all looks kosher, it threw me as well cos i thought i was buying an accutron!! I did not know they did quartz conversions.........am a little confused on that as it is an accutron case.....

The one on the far left is an 18k case with Bulova stamped in the back, will see if i can do some more pics............

• 2 weeks later...

Now I don't have any Hummers, but interestingly, I recently purchased a DVD/CD disc of something like 500 odd Science Fiction stories off the net, a collection of Public Domain stuff from the early 1950's, and one of the stories (they are all short stories of around 50 pages taken from things like Astounding magazine) Starts with the words :-

He awoke and was aware of the humming of his wristwatch (blah blah onwards)

but I'm pretty sure the author might have written this around 1949 to 50-ish from the rest of the story content. Wierd if this was the case unless he was maybe involved with engineering the development of the humming birds - - not a well known author - - James Earlston, never heard of him before this.

2c worth of useless trivia - - :to_become_senile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn had forgotten this section.

Will have to assemble a selection for your viewing pleasure..

I also have a set of those Accutron cuff-links. Huge things, last time I wore them was on the Queen Mary 2. Nice that you have the original box too.

Edited by Magnetchief
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...