• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

How much is a Rolex service these days?

My local AD has just quoted me £375 which apparently includes an allowance of £140 for brand new parts. 

This is for the full service of a 20-year-old Date-just that's not been worn for the last decade. 

For that, they will also re-authenticate it (box and papers chucked by irate divorcee years ago) thereby effectively completely re-establishing its provenance in one move. A replacement ID card is provided. And a Rolex travel case. 

Given that it's been worn very little I'm hoping the costs won't creep up much from that base price of £375. I reckon that's a good deal. 

I recently had my Breitling Chronospace done for just £280 through the same AD and they replaced the entire movement module, both LCD displays, hands and dial for that!

So it didn't just look new - it IS new.

My local AD has just quoted me £375 which apparently includes an allowance of £140 for brand new parts. 

This is for the full service of a 20-year-old Date-just that's not been worn for the last decade. 

For that, they will also re-authenticate it (box and papers chucked by irate divorcee years ago) thereby effectively completely re-establishing its provenance in one move. A replacement ID card is provided. And a Rolex travel case. 

Given that it's been worn very little I'm hoping the costs won't creep up much from that base price of £375. I reckon that's a good deal. 

I recently had my Breitling Chronospace done for just £280 through the same AD and they replaced the entire movement module, both LCD displays, hands and dial for that!

So it didn't just look new - it IS new.

sounds like good value , and as you say it gives the Rolex provenance which probably increases its value by more than the cost of the service 

• Like 1

I can't understand people buying a rolex and not sending it back to them for a service,unless of course you never intend on selling it on.

Some of us do actually like to keep our watches :biggrin: and a good independent can do a fantastic job at a greatly reduced price, which is handy if you're a collector with quite a few watches. I do agree though at times the manufacturer can be a good option, especially when it comes to shortness of parts on a more obscure model..

• 2 weeks later...

I do not think the RSC are expensive, and I'll let you know how fast they are soon as I sent my 1977 OP BiM off today, the last service according to the watch back was in 1993 it looks like and it appears now the mainspring has gone "pop" as the poor thing stopped dead.

If its only had two services in 38 years I reckon its brilliant value :thumbsup: especially as right up to the breakdown it was about 5-6 seconds a day accurate, pretty good really.

Mind you I am dreading the estimate........:biggrin:

• Like 1