• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Omega cal504 Constellation Dial dilemma.

I have a 1960 Cal 504 Omega Constellation which is running perfectly and keeping very good time. The date function is working and it is faultless apart from needing a crown and the dial shows considerable signs of age. Not sure whether it is possible to clean the dial to improve it slightly and keep it original or to have a dial restoration done. I'd be happy to have just the two or three larger stains removed if that's possible. Does anyone know a good watch man who could do this as I'm reluctant to go down the restoration route. Lastly, should the crown have ten sides to it for this model. The serial no. is 17091293. By the way, this is the first vintage watch I've seen with an intact rubber seal, maybe recently added.

The case number is what you need, that is  inside the case back and with it you should be able to see what the crown looked like on Omega's vintage site.

most collectors prefer an unrestored dial but if you never intend to sell and want a pristine dial...