UK Watch Forum banner

Pay it forward time

13K views 258 replies 32 participants last post by  Iceblue 
#1 ·
for any one that does not know what pay it forward is , somebody does you a good deed ie gives you something for free or does some work on a watch for you for free and as a thanks , you pay if forward to someone else

Bruce from the forum is kindly carrying out a mod on a watch for me and as a thank you I am going to pay it forward

so to claim this pm me and its your for free all that I ask is you pay it forward and do the same

project g shock g-7900a module 3194 when you put a battery in the watch it works for about 2 hours then goes flat , may be a easy fix just happy for it to go to someone for a project free to a good home anywhere in the world

cheers Andy (iceblue)

BD5E85F0-26D4-4EFF-88B5-63CF4CCA94BC_zps

See less See more
#8 ·
Well, I was going to keep this thread Casio related, but the watch I had in mind seems to have disappeared in my recent house move.... So instead, up for grabs is this quartz watch by Potens (no, I've never heard of them either...
:lol:
) which I acquired from one of our members about a year or 2 ago. It has a nice solid metal case, with glass crystal and screw-on back. Size is 42mm excluding crown, and approx 10mm thick. Water resistance is shown as 100m, but I changed the battery today so obviously that can't be guaranteed. Comes fitted on a nice soft rubber strap with a chunky metal buckle.

As per the original post, this will go to the first person who wants it, in exchange for a similar gesture being made.

Here are a couple of photos:

DSCF4274_zpshex2v7rx.jpg

DSCF4275_zps5khedbrl.jpg

:D

#9 ·
No interest in this one anywhere? OK, let's try an alternative, I will offer this Ellesse diver which is slightly smaller at 40mm excluding crown. Water resistance is shown as 200m, but again I have changed the battery today so that is not guaranteed. Quite a nice looking thing I reckon, with unusual pivoting strap lugs and black (PVD?) metal case. It features a screw-down crown, and the battery cover is also the screw in type, hence the extra water resistance. The leather strap is worn, but still has plenty of life left. Overall condition is good, apart from a couple of marks on the crystal, hardly noticeable on the wrist. Everything else appears to be unmarked.

Here's a quick pic:

DSCF4291_zpsr1vlvsmz.jpg

Note: The photo shows the crown sticking out, but it does screw in fine. I just forgot to screw it in when I took the photo...

So, any takers...? :biggrin:

G
#12 ·
here is my pay it forward, its a Jaques lemans, but don't let that put you off, its Swiss made, 40mm including crown, quartz and has bonus of a screw down crown and screw down case back, dark blue dial, full length bracelet in its original box and looks almost new, i dont now anything else about the watch, cant even remember where or when i bought, a very nice dress watch for nothing...who`s up for it?

DSCF5286.jpg

DSCF5287.jpg

just remember to pay it forward :smile:

#25 ·
I like the look of that Wavecepter, but I've only just had a cracking G-Shock from Vinbo, so it doesn't seem fair for me to nab another so quickly. If there are no takers I'd gladly take it though, so let's leave it for a while and see if anyone else wants it first mate :whistling:

#31 ·
Nice one, cheers fella, I'll PM my address to you in a minute... :yahoo:

In order to speed things along, I'll put up the same watch that I offered previously and see if anyone fancies it. If there are no takers in the next few days I'll substitute it for something else.

The write-up has already been done, so here's a pic:

DSCF4274_zpshex2v7rx.jpg

:D

#32 ·
Nobody out there interested in this one?

DSCF4275_zps5khedbrl.jpg

OK, let's try an alternative and see if there is any interest. This one is a slightly customised Converse:

2014-01-09113804_zpse06b1f05.jpg

I've painted the hands white, plus added a white tip on the second hand (they were all black, and unreadable...) and fitted a new black and white NATO strap. I'll also throw in the original plain white strap as well.

Anyone....? :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.