• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

....hello GSOM: 

85C4BADD-A052-4373-81D1-4982C62547BA_zps

93C512DE-3FCA-4DF2-A915-13DC1DA7E3BD_zps

What a great addition to the collection. The Breitlings weren't getting worn much and I've always loved the GSOM. It's much more formal than the DSOM and its fairly understated too.

Never thought I'd trade any watches again but if they're not being worn then no point in keeping them.

• Like 4

Great purchase! But obviously I'm biased in my views. I've looked at this and tried it on with my DSOTM, one above the other. I love the dial, bezel, case, it all works for me, but I found the strap a little uninspiring. It works well with the watch, but I'm not sure it really brings it to life. How are you finding it? 

The watch itself is phenomenal.    Absolute class.    But I'm not at all convinced by the strap on these and even less convinced by the DSOM one.     

That GSOM so deserves something better.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Great purchase! But obviously I'm biased in my views. I've looked at this and tried it on with my DSOTM, one above the other. I love the dial, bezel, case, it all works for me, but I found the strap a little uninspiring. It works well with the watch, but I'm not sure it really brings it to life. How are you finding it? 

The GSOM looks so much more formal than the DSOM. This is helped by the lighter dial (I love lighter coloured dials!) and the leather effect strap. I know what you mean about the strap but a full ceramic bracelet wouldn't work as well as it would take the focus off the ceramic case. The beauty of having it on a strap means you can use one of Omega's straps or an aftermarket one. Personally I'm keeping it on the oem strap as my other watches (apart from the DSOM) are all on bracelets.

The watch itself is phenomenal.    Absolute class.    But I'm not at all convinced by the strap on these and even less convinced by the DSOM one.     

That GSOM so deserves something better.

The straps are what help differentiate the watches from each other. Leather straps suit formal watches, which the GSOM is due to the lighter dial. The DSOM is more of a sporty/casual looking watch and the woven effect strap suits that style much better than a leather one would.

The DSOM on Omega's NATO straps looks awesome, especially the black with red stitching!

The GSOM looks so much more formal than the DSOM. This is helped by the lighter dial (I love lighter coloured dials!) and the leather effect strap. I know what you mean about the strap but a full ceramic bracelet wouldn't work as well as it would take the focus off the ceramic case. The beauty of having it on a strap means you can use one of Omega's straps or an aftermarket one. Personally I'm keeping it on the oem strap as my other watches (apart from the DSOM) are all on bracelets.

The DSOM on Omega's NATO straps looks awesome, especially the black with red stitching!

I agree the Grey side is a more formal watch. I couldn't imagine it on a ceramic bracelet (wasn't even aware there was one!), or any other type of bracelet for that matter. But if you do ever change the strap, please come back and show it here.

And I just played around with Omega's NATO straps on-line, It's good that you can 'add' them to a variety of watches, including the dark side. I remember when I bought the watch, wondering why the red stitching was on the underside and I agree about the red / black NATO's. Next time I'm in Bangkok, I'll pop into one of their boutiques to check them out, the red / black stripes looks particularly good, just not sure I could handle the silver keepers?   

I thinks that's a great looking watch. The DSOM does nothing for me at all, but that is lush.

Edited by badgersdad