• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Books - What Are You Reading - Favourites - Recommendations

@JoT Thank you, that’s fine. You are not the first person to suggest the Amazon route (hmm, that sounds like a travel book in itself!) 
Meanwhile, anyone who had an inclination to read it would be very welcome to a PDF copy (a PM containing an email address would be sufficient).

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just started Guy Martin's book 'When you dead, you dead' . (£4.99 for the Kindle version, instead of £20 in the bookshop) I love anything this bloke does, and although only two chapters in, there have

See a couple of Jack Higgins, Sean Dillon series there Mr B, I've read the whole lot. Quite strange really because I had to empty the bookcase at the bottom of the stairs today (decorating!!) and have

Oh good, perhaps you can then tell us what it's about...

Posted Images

On 15/09/2020 at 16:43, AVO said:

@JoT Thank you, that’s fine. You are not the first person to suggest the Amazon route (hmm, that sounds like a travel book in itself!) 
Meanwhile, anyone who had an inclination to read it would be very welcome to a PDF copy (a PM containing an email address would be sufficient).

Which book is this?

Is it the Santiago walk one?

1 minute ago, Biker said:

Is it the Santiago walk one?

It certainly is. It’s the only one I have completed to date! The others are works in progress and, being unable to travel, I’m in the research phase. 

8 minutes ago, AVO said:

It certainly is. It’s the only one I have completed to date! The others are works in progress and, being unable to travel, I’m in the research phase. 

Ooh yes please, 'erself is planning to do this next year (it was meant to be next month!).

Did you stop at a place called Itera de la Vega?  I was on a road trip a few years back and we stopped in IdlV and we shared a hostel with a bunch of modern pilgrims, it was one of the best night we ever has on a trip.

I'll dig out some of the photo's we had a blast!

Two of us dinner bed & breakfast and several flasks of wine.... 11 Euros each, plus we got to park the bikes in an abandoned bar!

Although I've never stopped buying books it amazes me that I haven't read one in years.  I mean something with a beginning, an ending and some sort of plot in the middle.  I've spent the last decade or more with my head buried in various text books like these:

textbooks.jpg

But now that I have more time on my hands I can catch up on my recreational reading.  Starting with this:

despairofmonkeys.jpg

• Like 2
5 hours ago, rhaythorne said:

But now that I have more time on my hands I can catch up on my recreational reading.  Starting with this:

despairofmonkeys.jpg

Must get a copy of this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :thumbsup:

I’ve just finished this fantastic book by Lawrence Durrell as part of my research for a book I’m writing about Cyprus.  It’s the story of his two years on the island in the 1950s, just when EOKA were kicking off against British rule. Very sad ending, though.

6402C474-036C-4C51-A801-65DD8306885E.jpeg.64c55cd192846c26d11e22162731469a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, andyclient said:

Reading Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance, it’s a bit heavy and a job to take in but sticking with it, hopefully it will all come together 

Oh good, perhaps you can then tell us what it's about...

• Haha 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 10:30, mitadoc said:

Re-reading favourite books again. Like:

s-l1600.jpg

9a0e575d9358d7f075dea44a4057d857.jpg

You'll probably like this, it really moved me and I talked about it for a long time afterwards.

41sSQcczklL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_.jpg

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Biker said:

You'll probably like this, it really moved me and I talked about it for a long time afterwards.

41sSQcczklL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_.jpg

Thank you. I will give a go once I have minutes for myself, lol.

Regards.

5 hours ago, andyclient said:

If anyone has read The tattooist of Auswitsch , then the sequel Cilkas journey is a must.  An absolutely gripping read that I found hard to put down, even bought me to tears at one stage. Highly recommended :thumbsup:

'Tis on my list, I read The Mascot last year about a wee Jewish boy some Nazis adopted as a mascot

• Like 1

Just finished the Rob Halford autobiography - Confess. 

Wow, he certainly had an interesting life, definitely worth a read if you are into the heavier side of music.

Quite chuffed I managed to pick up a signed copy as well.

• Like 1

Our main library has been closed since the first lockdown and the library bus has also been off the road. To get her “Chick Lit” fix Big M even resorted to buying books. But to his credit out library bus driver has went above and beyond and has still been doing his rounds to his regulars in his own car dropping off carrier bags with a random selection of books.

This turned up this week, for some reason or another I’ve never read any of Andy McNab but on the basis of this one, I started it this afternoon and nearly finished it I might try and read a few more.

:)

50618891677_9613905861_b.jpg