UK Watch Forum banner

Moles.

3K views 43 replies 15 participants last post by  Foxdog 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have tried in the past with various traps but no joy. Last few years I have used a professional and he doesn't come cheap. This year he didn't show up so it got me thinking. A couple of year's back I bought some traps from Trapline in the states after watching the videos on Utube. They have been sitting in the shed ever since.

Now last weekend a mole crossed a boundary with me. He came in from the field and started digging in my garden!

Yesterday I deployed the Trapline traps. I just got home from the office today, less than 24 hours, and Bingo.

Well pleased and I thought it worth sharing as these critters drive me nuts.

I will post the pictures of the kill in a moment so look no further if you are a mole fan........................ :yes:

Here we go......................... :clap:

101_1527.jpg

A quick kill bang on target.

101_1528.jpg

See less See more
#5 ·
Once again for a a bit of accommodation and a few curries for him I can offer you the services of Bill. He can dig for England, has the heart of a lion and mice, rats, rabbits, the odd fox and Bill is game, he even had a go at a passing horse and trap a couple of weeks ago. Moles wouldn't be a problem for him and he'll bring his mate BoBo the Clown with him if you need any stray trespassing kids sorting out.

:biggrin:

Ghost_20150126_192819_zpsciqquvcp.jpg

Reactions: luckywatch and Faze
#7 ·
If you get a few you can JOIN THE ARISTOCRACY AND HAVE A WAISTCOAT MADE :yes:

But they do aerate the soil a bit for free - - don't bother me at all :nono:

(The saying is

As black as the Earl of Haig's Waistcoat

and is probly quite unPC nowadays :yes: )

#10 ·
Surprisingly although we are close to the town center there have been a couple of foxes going along the bit of waste ground nearby recently, maybe the lure of tons of half eaten takeaway food chucked all over the place on a night might be the attraction. As for cats, someone moved in along the road with three feral mangy looking things that never seem to go indoors, the couple in the flat upstairs found one of them in there bedroom the other week, Bill has his eye on them, so far none of them have ventured into his bit of garden. There have been a couple of staring down matches but so far they've kept their distance.

:laugh: :laugh:

#11 ·
Yeah I could do with a dog. I have working cats but its rare they take a mole. They take rats no problem but never eat one. They seem to know whats good for them.

It can be an emotive subject. I was just excited that after so much time and effort I got one. Just about to order a kit, now I know how to do it.

I have a Fox trap and a Larsen trap but I will spare everyone the pictures................... :biggrin:

#25 ·
"The only good mole is a dead mole."

Oh no. Sorry, for 'mole' read 'Indians.'

Must get back to my Western on the Family Channel.
Naah! Scotty shaid that aboot Klingons in Staur Trek Cap'n

#31 ·
Got another one today and my new kit arrived from molecatching.com

I got 3 tunnel traps and a scissor trap, a run finder thingy and a CD Rom. 20 odd pages to read and about 6 videos.

Mole man charges £40 to set up and £10 a mole so its paid for itself. :biggrin:

#34 ·
During my spell in hospital prior to my latest hip replacement saga, I would go for occasional walks that took me through a sports college grounds. What was amazing is just how much destruction of the pitches, etc., was being wrought by these pesky little critters. I myself have nothing against moles personally, but then we only have a paved back yard, so I don't have to deal with moles myself.

Just one other thing about this thread: Where is Roger (the Dodger) when you need him. I know that he is in charge of estate management somewhere and knows all there is to know about plants and animals in the park and garden environment.

#35 ·
During my spell in hospital prior to my latest hip replacement saga, I would go for occasional walks that took me through a sports college grounds. What was amazing is just how much destruction of the pitches, etc., was being wrought by these pesky little critters. I myself have nothing against moles personally, but then we only have a paved back yard, so I don't have to deal with moles myself.

Just one other thing about this thread: Where is Roger (the Dodger) when you need him. I know that he is in charge of estate management somewhere and knows all there is to know about plants and animals in the park and garden environment.
Good point, where is the Dodger?..................................... :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.