• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
BarryW

Where Are You All From ??

Apologies in advance if this has being done before. But it does appear that there is a higher proportion of Uk members than on other forums.

Don't get me wrong, the other forums are excellent indeed, and it is obviously interesting to hear other nationalities (both about watches and OT). But one thing that does frustrate, is that when a watch appears for sale that one has being after for millenia, to find it is usually located overseas. And as a consequence, issues regarding shipping, insurance and import taxes apply. These ususlly offset that savings that can usually be made (as the UK appears to be one of the most expensive markets for watches around - with the exception of a Few Good Men such as Roy here).

Perhaps someone can verfiy the figures regarding this forum, but from an observers point of view, it appears that it is growing steadily month on month. Not just with topics but also the Buy, Sell , Trade sections.

And that has to be a good thing. In my opinion.

So, back to me original question - where are you all from?

(Yorkshire UK, myself)

BarryW

Werrington, Stoke-on-Trent, North Staffordshire.

My Dad grew up in Neck End Stan biggrin.gif

Edited by seiko6139

Cotswolds, where cider is king and if you drink a pint that has a brand name...you are considered a woos

Born in Leeds, live in Leeds & work in Leeds - I like Leeds smile.gif - that's Leeds in West Yorkshire by the way biggrin.gif

And I thought you lived in Leeds, Kent laugh.gif

Mummy's Tummy baby.gif

But seriously, Cardiff, South Wales. I would have to take issue with Roy about the Brid' being the Chav capital of the UK. Obviously he hasn't been to Newport. There are more modified Citroen Saxos per head than anywhere else in the country. And 'Goldie Lookin' Chain' come from Newport. Nuff said

Born in Leeds, live in Leeds & work in Leeds - I like Leeds smile.gif - that's Leeds in West Yorkshire by the way biggrin.gif

And I thought you lived in Leeds, Kent laugh.gif

I wonder how many people go to Leeds to find Leeds Castle laugh.gif

Oh born in Peterborough living in Battersea, London