• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The crappiest/ most disappointing watch you've ever owned

The most disappointing watch I've owned has to be a "Breil Globetrotter Chrono" it was very fancy looking, a friend of mine owned one... It was a substantial size, and I found one at a great price!

Unfortunately I just didn't bond with it... It was very light weight, it felt like the crown was drilling a hole in my wrist at times, the rubber strap was cheap/itchy and uncomfortable!

The most disappointing watch I've tried on has to be a Tag Heuer Carrera (CAV2010?)

I wanted one for my 18th (didn't get one... Lol) and after several years of wanting one and looking at them through the jewellers window... A friend of mine bought one, I asked if I could try it on and wear it for a bit, and I hate to say I was disappointed, the metal bracelet felt cheap, the watch wasn't as heavy as I thought, the build quality was a bit naff (a chrono pusher fell off after 18 months of him having it) I was generally disappointed... That being said, I still adore the design though... Lol

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I loved reading this as i've was looking at a SKX 007 until I discovered Divex watches on here. The movement in the Seiko is far from the best & the chapter ring fitment on some of them  ( on non-

Probably this.  Pink, unknown make to most and tiny hands. Bought a long, time time ago.    Doesn't have an active battery, don't think it will ever again, but I just can't bin it!  

Has to be the Rolex Sub - wore it for two weeks in Benidorm and never had a sexy girl in a skimpy bikini come out of the sea to ravish me! Just had a load of lads from Essex saying that if I paid £35

I've been less than impressed by any of the Seiko Monsters I've owned - be it the original ones or the new ones. I've owned 2 or 3 in the past but I've not kept any of them for long. I know others rave about them but they just don't do it for me at all.

:)

It`s probably best if I say nothing here :biggrin:

This time I will comment

:biggrin:

Seiko Monster, it was rubbish. Not even close to expectations. After all the hype here as well, just goes to show don't believe it just because someone said it on the internet

Don't worry Bond, we don't :wink:

• Haha 1

I've been less than impressed by any of the Seiko Monsters I've owned - be it the original ones or the new ones. I've owned 2 or 3 in the past but I've not kept any of them for long. I know others rave about them but they just don't do it for me at all.

It`s probably best if I say nothing here :biggrin:

This time I will comment

:biggrin:

Seiko Monster, it was rubbish. Not even close to expectations. After all the hype here as well, just goes to show don't believe it just because someone said it on the internet

Don't worry Bond, we don't :wink:

:laugh: :laugh:

The offending item, the bezel finish was as rough as a badgers @arse and who would have thought a watch you couldn't wind up would ever have caught on. I put it on the rubber strap because the bracelet was also rubbish, day and date didn't line up properly and a sundial would have kept better time.

SL270624.jpg

And that's before you talk about the aesthetics, as I said just cheap and nasty. And I was genuinely disappointed, I've had and have other watches around or less than that sort of money that were just better everywhere. Divex for example, I've got a pair that cost less and are far better watches.

Edited by BondandBigM

Chronospeed that one Nigel, but I will agree the slightly more expensive Aquaspeed is pretty crap as well.

The most disappointing watch I've ever owned was the Rolex Airking. It was a vintage model, but absolute rubbish - rattly bracelet and poor timekeeping even after a service.

I think (and I stand to be corrected) that Nigel meant do you have any pics of the actual watch you say you own?

As in "pics or it never happened". (I may be wrong).   

I haven't a camera facility on my phone. Explained this before. Hey, maybe I'm just fantasising about watches I own! That must be it...

• 2 years later...
On 11/08/2015 at 23:32, BondandBigM said:

The offending item, the bezel finish was as rough as a badgers @arse and who would have thought a watch you couldn't wind up would ever have caught on. I put it on the rubber strap because the bracelet was also rubbish, day and date didn't line up properly and a sundial would have kept better time.

SL270624.jpg

And that's before you talk about the aesthetics, as I said just cheap and nasty. And I was genuinely disappointed, I've had and have other watches around or less than that sort of money that were just better everywhere. Divex for example, I've got a pair that cost less and are far better watches.

I loved reading this as i've was looking at a SKX 007 until I discovered Divex watches on here. The movement in the Seiko is far from the best & the chapter ring fitment on some of them  ( on non-Japan made versions ) seem to have been fitted by Stevie Wonder.  Given the price differential between the two, it's got to be a Divex.  Can't seem to decide between the 200M & the 500M though. Decisions, decisions.......  So glad I found this forum though.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Jel999 said:

I loved reading this as i've was looking at a SKX 007 until I discovered Divex watches on here. The movement in the Seiko is far from the best & the chapter ring fitment on some of them  ( on non-Japan made versions ) seem to have been fitted by Stevie Wonder.  Given the price differential between the two, it's got to be a Divex.  Can't seem to decide between the 200M & the 500M though. Decisions, decisions.......  So glad I found this forum though.

The Seiko fan boys will be organising their torches & pitchforks now you've dragged those comments out again. 

:laugh: :laugh:

I have both a 200m and a 500m Divex, nothing wrong with the 200 but if you are only thinking about one the 500m is the one to go for. 

3unytg.jpg

Not sure how much they go for these days but I paid forty quid new for this one 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, yokel said:

Unfortunately, my first watch (1960).

Beautiful little fully-jewelled movement in a case of really awful quality.

xSU7mr1.jpg

But look at that patina !

If that was a vintage automobile, ad the magic word "barnfind" and watch it double in value. :yes:

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

According to the B o E inflation calculator ; £7.93.

Holidays in Banknock. :beach:

1836489_9b06d359.jpg

Wasn't that on the "Homes under the Hammer" TV show? - - and that was the "after" picture!:swoon:

2 minutes ago, ZenArcade said:

Why not just put it in a better case and replace the glass?

I have sent the case away for refurbishment. But, due to circumstances beyond the control of both the refurbisher and me, I think it has disappeared into a black hole.

Your suggestion may be the back up plan.

2 hours ago, ZenArcade said:

As I am not very versed in the ways of WISery, can anybody point me towards a source of appropriate cases  --  and a reliable watchmaker who would put the thing together?

Thanks in advance . . . . :clap:

Probably this.  Pink, unknown make to most and tiny hands. Bought a long, time time ago.  :thumbsup:  Doesn't have an active battery, don't think it will ever again, but I just can't bin it!  :cool:

uzXJcPV.jpg

Edited by themysterybidder
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 10/06/2018 at 14:12, ZenArcade said:

Should be possible = = try an email to Greg at Woodland Technical, he can be good at this sort of thing --

• Thanks 1

I am in Bond's camp on this one, I bought this, opened the box and thought UGH! nasty!

Shoved it back in the box then traded it after a couple of months - a lot of hype about nothing.

large.DSC_0066.JPG.dcf5523f880cf70feff98