• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Guest Bruce

from experience some are, some are not and not all of them look like lucky bag toys, i have had a few, sold a few bought some more and kept a few, the divers auto`s or quartz are good value IMO, but all depends on your taste as well i guess, biggest issue i think are their size, some are massive, you need to check the specs

are invicta watches a good make are they worth the money and why do they make them look like they have come out of a child's lucky bag!! 

No, no and most likely powerful drugs.

Later,
William

Edited by William_Wilson

Some are absolutely awesome and worth every penny of the asking price.

Most are absolutely awful and you'd be better pushing your money down a grid.

I've had half a dozen and only one of those has stayed with me for any length of time. Ignore the ridonkulous RRP prices, that's just a number for the shopping channel to use before they discount them by 90%.   

from experience some are, some are not and not all of them look like lucky bag toys, i have had a few, sold a few bought some more and kept a few, the divers auto`s or quartz are good value IMO, but all depends on your taste as well i guess, biggest issue i think are their size, some are massive, you need to check the specs

I think Bruce has nailed it exactly.  Many of the autos use quality Seiko NH3X movements and are heavy build quality.  Some auto chronos use Valjoux 7750 movements.  The main issue is usually questionable styling ... but if you choose wisely, bargains can be had.

Guest Bruce

I think Bruce has nailed it exactly.  Many of the autos use quality Seiko NH3X movements and are heavy build quality.  Some auto chronos use Valjoux 7750 movements.  The main issue is usually questionable styling ... but if you choose wisely, bargains can be had.

i think [ and i will try to word the tactfully] they are aimed at the American market, the size of the watches match the size of the people [ sorry but they fit me too, honest] and the style is kind of brash American too [ sorry again but i like the styles as well] everybodies taste is different though and i am glad it is too, other wise the whole world may be wearing plastic Swatches 

Sub lookalikes are pretty well made and cheap.

I buy them 10 at a time and donate them to charitable events in my community. I buy them for around $75 and they usually sell for $200 - $400, every dime of which the charity gets. Bet I've given away over 50.

Invicta%2012560_zpsohogixig.jpg

• Like 3

Here is a 7750:

invicta31.jpg

It is the weight of a small child, due to the fact it is mostly tungsten. The blue bits are titanium, Invicta describes it as titanium. The central chronograph hand is pointless, as they didn't bother to put indices on the dial.

Subtle elegance on the wrist:

invicta80.jpg

I purchased it because it has a 7750 in it and the fact it is an astonishingly insane idea for a watch. :biggrin: It was also just barely cheap enough after being marked down 9000%

Another thought, Invicta have been receiving a lot of poor word of mouth due to their service policies.

Later,
William

• Like 1

Guest Bruce

I buy them 10 at a time and donate them to charitable events in my community. I buy them for around $75 and they usually sell for $200 - $400, every dime of which the charity gets. Bet I've given away over 50.

thats a very special thing to do, i take my hat off to you [ if i wore one] :thumbsup:

Here is a 7750:

invicta31.jpg

It is the weight of a small child, due to the fact it is mostly tungsten. The blue bits are titanium, Invicta describes it as titanium. The central chronograph hand is pointless, as they didn't bother to put indices on the dial.

invicta80.jpg

I purchased it because it has a 7750 in it and the fact it is an astonishingly insane idea for a watch. :biggrin: It was also just barely cheap enough after being marked down 9000%

Another thought, Invicta have been receiving a lot of poor word of mouth due to their service policies.

Later,
William

i just love that William, a sledge hammer of a watch and cool looking to IMO, i think the poor press is unfair, if you think of the thousands upon thousands they sell probably monthly, getting a couple of hundred complaints is not too bad, i think sometimes its easy for the public to bash the under dog IMO

thats a very special thing to do, i take my hat off to you [ if i wore one] :thumbsup:

Here is a 7750:

invicta31.jpg

invicta80.jpg

Later,
William

i just love that William, a sledge hammer of a watch and cool looking to IMO, i think the poor press is unfair, if you think of the thousands upon thousands they sell probably monthly, getting a couple of hundred complaints is not too bad, i think sometimes its easy for the public to bash the under dog IMO

They were being investigated by the Office of the Attorney General in Florida as a result of the ever growing complaints against them over warranty and service.

Later,
William

Guest Bruce

Here is a 7750:

invicta31.jpg

invicta80.jpg

Later,
William

They were being investigated by the Office of the Attorney General in Florida as a result of the ever growing complaints against them over warranty and service.

Later,
William

i remember that, did anything ever come of it? 

The sub copies are excellent bases for modding.  The size matches rolex after market parts as well as Seiko dials etc. The nh35a is a great movement. Cheap as chips. Why they bother making all that other rubbish I don't know. 

Guest Bruce

The sub copies are excellent bases for modding.  The size matches rolex after market parts as well as Seiko dials etc. The nh35a is a great movement. Cheap as chips. Why they bother making all that other rubbish I don't know. 

its the rubbish that gives them a bad name, but i guess it earns the money

Later,
William

I have not seen anything, but things move on a glacial timetable in the U.S. when lawyers are involved.

Later,
William

That's a remarkable gesture and I admire that you do it. What is the charity, may I ask?

Guest Bruce

Later,
William

I have not seen anything, but things move on a glacial timetable in the U.S. when lawyers are involved.

Later,
William

only probs i have had with them was with watch i imported from your fine country, i don't remember the model but it had a real ebony face and ebony components to the bracelet, sounds awful but i loved it and miss it  SOB SOB ! anyway two of the links were broken and i was ignored for weeks, i contacted invicta europe in Norway i think??  and they gave your lot a bollocking, the parts were sent priority airmail, so sorted, but i do get the frustration

That's a remarkable gesture and I admire that you do it. What is the charity, may I ask?

As I recall, a Rolex was donated once. :thumbsup:

Later,
William

Guest Bruce

As I recall, a Rolex was donated once. :thumbsup:

Later,
William

really ?:scared:   a rare breed

Guest Bruce

My question has been answered I'll be leaving invicta well alone 

really why ? :laugh:

I'm buggered if I know.:laugh: I'm buggered if I don't.:biggrin:

• Like 1

Guest Bruce

:rofl:,              i'm knackered, i have had enough, thank you gents for an enjoyable evening and the witty snippets, i bid you good night

:rofl:,              i'm knackered, i have had enough, thank you gents for an enjoyable evening and the witty snippets, i bid you good night

I know what you mean, I'm all posted out too. Unless I get woken up by a vampire.:laugh: 

i think [ and i will try to word the tactfully] they are aimed at the American market, the size of the watches match the size of the people [ sorry but they fit me too, honest] and the style is kind of brash American too [ sorry again but i like the styles as well] everybodies taste is different though and i am glad it is too, other wise the whole world may be wearing plastic Swatches 

No offence taken, Bruce.  :biggrin:  Taken as a generalization, I think that's absolutely correct!

Get an auto with the Seiko movement for cheap, and it makes a great beater watch! :thumbsup:

• Like 1