• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
PDXWatchCollector

Accutron 214 Astronaut Dial Help

I recently acquired a small lot of Accutron case parts, dials, hands, etc, and as I was sorting and organizing the haul, this dial emerged.

20150827_174523_zpskpol6bdh.jpg

Now, I'm 100% sure that these dials were used in the Astronaut models with a solid gold bezel; my question for all you tuning fork nerds, is whether this was used in any other Astronaut configuration (I don't think it was used in the solid gold models, as those had an alternating dot-diamond marker pattern, if I'm not mistaken.)

Any thoughts guys?

Accutron Astronaut Variant guide.

Any help?

Quote : Dial Variants

Standard: Triangular luminous painted hour markers, luminous painted dots at the half-hour markers; may say 'Accutron' or 'Bulova Accutron'; available in black and silver.
Simple: Nearly identical to the standard dial, but with no luminous dots at the half-hour markers; available in silver, factory black variation unconfirmed.
Enhanced: Applied trapezoidal markers at 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11; available in black, silver and gold; applied markers match case color.
Ultra: Applied diamond-shaped markers at 3, 6, 9; available in gold only, used only on Ultra Enhanced variant.
Day/Night: Applied arrow markers at all hour positions, applied Accutron lettering; available in black, silver; used only on Type 3 variants.
Swiss: Painted Accutron logo at 12, applied rectangular hour markers at all other positions; available in black, cream; used only on Type 4 variants.

Edited by Magnetchief
  • Like 2

Accutron Astronaut Variant guide.

Any help?

Quote : Dial Variants

Standard: Triangular luminous painted hour markers, luminous painted dots at the half-hour markers; may say 'Accutron' or 'Bulova Accutron'; available in black and silver.
Simple: Nearly identical to the standard dial, but with no luminous dots at the half-hour markers; available in silver, factory black variation unconfirmed.
Enhanced: Applied trapezoidal markers at 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11; available in black, silver and gold; applied markers match case color.
Ultra: Applied diamond-shaped markers at 3, 6, 9; available in gold only, used only on Ultra Enhanced variant.
Day/Night: Applied arrow markers at all hour positions, applied Accutron lettering; available in black, silver; used only on Type 3 variants.
Swiss: Painted Accutron logo at 12, applied rectangular hour markers at all other positions; available in black, cream; used only on Type 4 variants.

Awesome! You, sir, are a gentleman AND a scholar! :thumbsup: