• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thanks.  Mine are all just sat in a pile.  When I have time and resources I've an antique chest I plan to add hinged draws to (like a makeup nox or tool box)  but have been thinking about something like this for my nicer watches.  12 just isn't enough though ;)  at that price and given your recommendation I will investigate :) 

Not too organised hehe 

IMAG0031_zps4tvofxyr.jpg

That's the chest I'd like to convert :) 

Edited by hughlle

Thanks.  Mine are all just sat in a pile.  When I have time and resources I've an antique chest I plan to add hinged draws to (like a makeup nox or tool box)  but have been thinking about something like this for my nicer watches.  12 just isn't enough though ;)  at that price and given your recommendation I will investigate :) 

Your very welcome, always a bit of a problem knowing how to store such things.

But I really do like these boxes.:yes:

Not too organised hehe 

IMAG0031_zps4tvofxyr.jpg

That will look awesome Hugh :)

That looks quite nice, does it take the large style watches? without them fouling the case top?

Not had any problems with mine, I think the thickest is my CW C60.

Great I have been sadly disappointed with the boxes I have purchase.

Not too organised hehe 

IMAG0031_zps4tvofxyr.jpg

That will look awesome Hugh :)

That looks quite nice, does it take the large style watches? without them fouling the case top?

Not had any problems with mine, I think the thickest is my CW C60.

Great I have been sadly disappointed with the boxes I have purchase.

THat was why I've not bought one.  So many available on eBay etc that I worried it would just be some mass produced Chinese junk. 

Need to do sommeasuring and look at somewhere to buy mahogany strip wood.  At the moment it is a smoking box,  but I'm in the process of quitting so want to put to better use than vintage lighters and glass pipes and such. 

Not too organised hehe 

looks like that would make an excellent watch box. As I put on here before I use flight cases with foam that can be cut to fit. When you change watches you just get new foam or buy another flight case. See below.

IMG_0949_zpsdkwdvka6.jpg

• Like 1

Not too organised hehe 

looks like that would make an excellent watch box. As I put on here before I use flight cases with foam that can be cut to fit. When you change watches you just get new foam or buy another flight case. See below.

IMG_0949_zpsdkwdvka6.jpg

Too modern hehe. I love old boxes! Wooden boxes that is :) flight cases are definitely the way to go for secure and portable bulk storage though. 

IMAG0033_zps7ukmmvxa.jpg

Looks nice but I'd advise everyone to stay away from the cheap leather (pleather?) lined ones - the last one I had pretty much disintegrated and I was left with little bits of leather stuck to cases, bracelets and straps.

Probably PU leather (polyurethane?).  Awful stuff.  Same stuff that your cheap phone or tablet case has that disintegrates while still in transit. 

Looks nice but I'd advise everyone to stay away from the cheap leather (pleather?) lined ones - the last one I had pretty much disintegrated and I was left with little bits of leather stuck to cases, bracelets and straps.

Probably PU leather (polyurethane?).  Awful stuff.  Same stuff that your cheap phone or tablet case has that disintegrates while still in transit. 

Yep - that's it! Ta.

Ordered another one of these as I am organising my higher quality Watches.

Just my opinion but I think these are good for the money, the first one I bought was about six months ago and has not disappointed.

12 compartments.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351084304947

Looks good for the money. Are the cushions a tight fit? The last cheap box I bought suffered from the pillows being too loose which causes the watches to flop around.

Ordered another one of these as I am organising my higher quality Watches.

Just my opinion but I think these are good for the money, the first one I bought was about six months ago and has not disappointed.

12 compartments.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351084304947

Looks good for the money. Are the cushions a tight fit? The last cheap box I bought suffered from the pillows being too loose which causes the watches to flop around.

A nice snug fit.

Hello all. I'm very new here and thought I would chip in and say the one I ordered arrived today. I'm pleased with the way it looks and the velvet type fabric inside sets it off a treat.  I found that I had to alternate some of my thick or large type watches so a thinner one sat next to them  I have kept my time pieces in a dresser draw witch I lined with foam and cut slots out   But thought I would treat my best watches to their own place (I wear some for work only and have others that I wear out of work) any way it does me and also looks good ..