• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
foxint

Orange Watch Company Lives on the Watch Forum

Hi everyone

Thank you to the owner for his kind invitation to join. It is an indeed an honour.

I am Dan and I am responsible for OWC Watch Company or the Orange Watch Company. I am not much for hype or marketing stunts. I am just trying to make some nice watches that a few of you guys may like.

If you have not visited, I have re-worked the website – www.orangewatchcompany.com. Please be kind to me I am an old dog and website design is a new trick for me. Yes there are mistakes and things do not work. I thought if I threw money at these guys I would get some support – how wrong was I.

If you have any questions or want to post some photo please do within the Forum Rules.

I will try and answer any questions as quick and truthfully as I can (without giving away trade secrets.)

My other interests are audio, cars and collecting stuff like pens….my wife thinks I am mad. Yes I probably am as I have 3 daughters under 12 year old and living with 4 women is bound to drive a man to drink… Lucky Orange is becoming famous for cool climate wines. There are about 35 vineyards within a 10 minute drive – yes we are in as they say here: the bush….

Hope to meet you all and have a good chat.

Dan

Is anyone else on here disappointed that the watches aren't orange...? :whistling:

Also, let me be the first to say, how much discount are you offering the members on here? :biggrin:

One final point, it might be my internet connection (I'm working abroad at the moment) but your website is painfully slow mate.

• Like 2

Welcome. I haven't seen one in the flesh, but really like the look of your watches and the detail in the design/build process.

Thank you.

Not sure about the website – it is not supposed to be slow…. I will check it tomorrow… 8:40pm in wine country….

I do have a glass of the red…if you are into wines, they are nice, not sure how they compare with the Europeans. I am only a poor boy and continue to look for “value”, so I have some old shi# (2005) that I got 10 years ago.

When I start to make some money, there may be room for discounts. Thank you for being so up front.

I did try to update/vary my profile, but failed said I could not…so my profile is missing the vital bits, like I am a bloke and I live in Orange….etc…

Very excited to be here. Thanks

Dan

Some nice watches, a little out of my price range. however the cufflinks are cool as well, and a little more affordable. :) I appreciate you being here and look forward to your further posts.

Hey Dan, Hari here. Welcome here my friend. Dan's a top chap and the watches are great too. He has spelt out the process of how it goes about and the trails and tribulations of being a boutique via emails etc.

As Davey P kindly put it for us all, looking forward to the discounts !

Lovely looking watches from what I have seen, internet is a bit slow where we are at the moment.

I've switched to my hotel internet for the evening, and the website seems to load faster now, so my client's internet connection earlier was probably just running a bit slow?  The photos still take a while to appear, like maybe they are too high resolution?  The watches look decent quality, obviously, and it's always nice to see something different from the usual suspects.  Not my cuppa tea though, with their old fashioned non-battery movements inside... :laugh:

Hi Dan

It's great to see you on the forum :yes:

I still have both of my first editions................

DSCF2479.jpg

No. 17/50 

8bd33eb0.jpg

No. 6 off the production line

Keep up the good work Dan :thumbsup:

Thanks again and nice to be here.

The “Journey” continues. I am not much of a poster, but will try and keep you chaps updated. Great to see 2 of the older models.

The current release #6 while similar is very different. It is as close to the old Compressor Style of case as I could get without compromising the technical (while most compressors had 2 crowns this is not what maketh the case).

As you see from above my World Timer WT-1884 and there will be my interpretation of the 6538. As for the olde world mechanicals…I did dance with the devil and was “this close” to releasing a quartz chronograph, but the feedback was not right at the time. As I am a small guy this threw a spanner in the works and caused a large delay in production and development. But I am not closing the door on any technology.

Currently waiting on a return email from the case maker about a few things including shortening the bezel screws by 0.4mm

But it is school holidays and as I work from home, it is taking all my strength not to kill the Kinderfocken (I have 3 daughters under 12 years old).

Dan

PS….my private email is foxint@foxint.com.au

• Like 1

Hi Dan,

nice to see you on here now as well as in my inbox. I too still have my first edition of the MilSub and fresh from a service its still in regular rotation 

Love you man....thank you for accompanying me on the somewhat challenging journey. There have been times that it has almost broken me. But good men like you have helped - thank you!!!

How about a photo....??

Dan

My pleasue Dan,

Im sure you will be pleased to know that the watch maker who serviced it was very impressed with the build of the watch. He did advise me to avoid manually winding it though as the its a weak point on the Seagul movement? It was great to hear the nice comments about it though from someone who normally deals with Rolex/Omega

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-30%20at%2016.36.

Now here is the special one. Its one of your proto snowflake divers which i lost the original ceramic bezel for :(It doesnt get worn as much as the MilSub but still one that im not in a hurry to part with

IMG_4051_zpslmloowpa.jpg

Hi Dan, nice to see you out of the house :)

Like the idea of the new forum section as well, nice one Roy!

Anyway, a quicky of my OWC, any excuse he he he :)

40A71EE6-709C-4666-82EE-CF0F831A9C71_zps

Odo ( Paul ;) )

• Like 1

“Michelangelo when we you make an end”

As normal I am waiting on the case maker to return my emails…. “Yes Mr Dan, we are pleased to get your comments and revisions, we will return soon”….at least 2 weeks ago.

We would not want to rush Mr Case-Maker….

To be fair the Swiss have been jerking me around for their mistake of CHF22 that they made on my recent invoice – by the way I paid all but the CHF22 that was the result of a mistake they made (and added to a new revised invoice).

I have 9 Swiss Made watches that are/should/perhaps arrive in the next week or 2 or 3…All are MS-9411 Blue/Blue No date with Soprod A-10. I will do final checks here so I suppose they should be “Orange Made”…ha-ha…. When I am happy I will release them into the wild – no price premium.

Dan

foxint@foxint.com.au