• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Lets see your iconic watches

This one is iconic because of the link with Steve McQueen in the film Le Mans , also a little like the original mini the style has been tweeked a little over the years  but the design has remained the same for a long time so this is why for me it's iconic ,

73CFBF55-B2DF-4FA7-AD4E-8B454FAF3912_zps

lets see see your iconic watches and it would be nice to hear why in your eyes why they are iconic 

• Like 1

Does it have to be iconic from a "fame" point of view or can it be for sentimental reasons? Either way I have something :

For me though, my new arrival.

IMAG0039_zpstifda7ls.jpg

It might not be famous, or cost untold thousands, or have been worn by miss world, but even as new as I am to watches and this forum, I feel indescribably priveliged to be able to wear something that has been made in a tiny quantity by hand, to such good standards, from an independant guy who I am able to chat to like an equal. There is something immensely pleasing about getting advice on how to repair it from the guy who made it, and not just being told to ship it to customer service at some faceless "megafactory". As others have said elsewhere, simply buying a watch face to face from a fellow member and creative g that connection can be overwhelmingly satisfying and can really push the watch into a new tier if respect and appreciation.

I showed this off at lunch, my brothers laughed at it when told the price and quantity made, because they just couldn't accept that it was any good based on those two figures. Some things go beyond mere price tags! 

Who the hell was I kidding when I told myself this was an acquisition that could be liquidated in a time of need. I just deposited enough in the bank to probably buy half the watches on this forum but it is irrelevant. £300 or £3000, this piece is wonderfully unique. This one most likely won't be going anywhere! 

Edited by hughlle
  • Like 7

Does it have to be iconic from a "fame" point of view or can it be for sentimental reasons? Either way I have something :

For me though, my new arrival.

IMAG0039_zpstifda7ls.jpg

It might not be famous, or cost untold thousands, or have been worn by miss world, but even as new as I am to watches and this forum, I feel indescribably priveliged to be able to wear something that has been made in a tiny quantity by hand, to such good standards, from an independant guy who I am able to chat to like an equal. There is something immensely pleasing about getting advice on how to repair it from the guy who made it, and not just being told to ship it to customer service at some faceless "megafactory". As others have said elsewhere, simply buying a watch face to face from a fellow member and creative g that connection can be overwhelmingly satisfying and can really push the watch into a new tier if respect and appreciation.

I showed this off at lunch, my brothers laughed at it when told the price and quantity made, because they just couldn't accept that it was any good based on those two figures. Some things go beyond mere price tags! 

Who the hell was I kidding when I told myself this was an acquisition that could be liquidated in a time of need. I just deposited enough in the bank to probably buy half the watches on this forum but it is irrelevant. £300 or £3000, this piece is wonderfully unique. This one most likely won't be going anywhere! 

The rarity value is such a nice thing.

I have a few RLT Watches and the low numbers make it so exclusive.

• Like 1

I've owned quite a few other icons but flipped 'em.   Here are the three most iconic of the current bunch.

Speedy Moon.   

CAM00994.jpg

Explorer II.   Not an icon like a Sub but still a sports model Rolex and therefore an icon to me.

CAM00792.jpg

Astronaut 214.  Icon of tuningforkland.

CAM01043.jpg

• Like 2

I'm going to join in and get a star on the left, with the only Iconic watch I have and it's a Seiko 6105.
If anyone has better examples (I know who you are), please post as mines in perfect working order, but a bit stressed :)

mBX9WX.jpg

Edited by Faze
  • Like 4

Perhaps to some people.

I'm relatively valid and like the rubbish that most people can't grok and some that they do.

I suspect Rob understood Humans to some extent, I don't have such foresight.:argue:

I doubt I can avert the apocalypse and wouldn't care when it happens.

• Like 2

I don't think any of my current collection can be described as iconic, but that is all set to change with the arrival of the mighty Seiko "BFK".........

From what I have seen on t'internet, it can be described as both iconic, and legendary :yahoo: