• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Coming Mid October

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pleased to announce that Obris Morgan are coming to the forum mid October when they have moved to new offices  

Where's Bruce?

Careful chaps, you might actually make them feel welcome if you carry on like this

13 minutes ago, Krispy said:

That is somewhat annoying, I agree.

Also...the brushed handset on the blue dial would have done for me! Alas, doesn't look like a combo they do...

you can mix and match - there is a option just above the discount straps about 4/5 of the way down the page ..  bugger no you are right there is no brushed handset in that option list ....

finking dlc wiv loom dile for me innit ... ana xtra strap to !

Edited by Rotundus
29 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

you can mix and match - there is a option just above the discount straps about 4/5 of the way down the page ..  bugger no you are right there is no brushed handset in that option list ....

finking dlc wiv loom dile for me innit ... ana xtra strap to !

Oooh...didn't spot the mix and match section...thanks Des!

Brushed hands are available...hmmm....

The only problem is I got blacklisted by FedEx for telling them to poke their retrospective customs and 'handling charge'.  Customs I was happy to pay but I pointed out their handling charge was contrary to UK law, which they accepted but couldn't issue an invoice without it it!

From memory, about a score.  The thing that got me was they happily delivered the goods, then sent me an invoice a couple of weeks later!

They accepted that the handling fee was naughty (yet they continue to sting those not up on such matters) but said they couldn't reissue an invoice without it.  I said send me a valid invoice and I'll happily pay.  They said they couldn't, I said I wouldn't, ad infinitum!

I'm no expert but something to do with there being no contract between the receiver and FedEx so there's no grounds to levy a charge above and beyond customs and excise. 

I thought I'd give it a go and they backed down after my first email....

http://gug.sdf-eu.org/fedex.html

(not my website, by the way)

Edited by Krispy

I think it's fair to say I am defo thinking of buying one of these I have never bought a new watch before they have always been used or nearly new , so how much would I expect to pay on a obris Morgan if the customs man bills me :aggressive: and what the normal eta 

Edited by Iceblue
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Iceblue said:

I think it's fair to say I am defo thinking of buying one of these I have never bought a new watch before they have always been used or nearly new , so how much would I expect to pay on a obris Morgan if the customs man bills me :aggressive: and what the normal eta 

Figure on about 22% all in from my own experience.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Iceblue said:

Will let you know my experiences...:)

There's discussion on other fora as to whether customes will apply on Justin's fed Ex shipments.

Some say 'yes', others say 'no'. 22% is a good guide though.

All pre-orders have been filled for the moment...next batch due to for release in April...

You typically see OMs flipped for the list price when they first arrive. So if there are customs charges, the initial recipient takes the hit. Most buyers are in the USA though...

6 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Will let you know my experiences...:)

There's discussion on other fora as to whether customes will apply on Justin's fed Ex shipments.

Some say 'yes', others say 'no'. 22% is a good guide though.

All pre-orders have been filled for the moment...next batch due to for release in April...

You typically see OMs flipped for the list price when they first arrive. So if there are customs charges, the initial recipient takes the hit. Most buyers are in the USA though...

Thanks for the info.

I'm not so worried about the customs charges, more about me being blacklisted by FedEx and them not delivering because of it!

1 hour ago, Krispy said:

Thanks for the info.

I'm not so worried about the customs charges, more about me being blacklisted by FedEx and them not delivering because of it!

There is a real likelihood that it will get through without the charges, or so I am told.

Is it just me or what? all below copied direct from website (including spelling mistake) except for the smilies! 

Specification 
accline.jpg
Tactical type 200 meters water resistant Tool Diver

:yes:

Free Warranty does not cover the following types of damage resulting from:

C. Subersion in water :thumbdown:

• 3 weeks later...