• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

2015-09-26 OWC New Direction

Hi...

As we have noted we construct our case from component parts not assemblies. These parts come from numerous sources throughout the world.

We have had production issues, we have had some health scares and we have had machinery failures. For a small company, a micro brand, these are devastating. We have lost some credibility and sales and we are recovering from these. We are still recovering from our pressure tester failure and subsequent damage in transit, from November 2014 that did not return until February 2015.

We have 2 new watches due in 2016. PLUS we are in the process of examining changing our production methods to facilitate a more fluid flow of watches and more watches.

We want to double production and sales. Hence we will be assembling watches both here and in Switzerland. No we will not be labelling any watch with country of origin (i.e. Swiss Made – although entitled to).

We are always reviewing, making and designing. We have a dress watch, a non-round watch, a chronograph and even a chronometer in development. Most likely mid-late 2016 after those of early 2016, and it will be the Dress or BT – yes I have been promising this for years..good things take time…ha-ha.

As for movements, we remain agnostic. We are open to mechanical, electronic, hybrids and vintage. We remain focused on the Soprod and Seagull movements to provide the mainstay of the mechanisms.

So the line-up for 2016 “should” be, and small companies need to use the word “should” more often, be:

MS-6538: a MilSub inspired by the R-6538, but totally different and infused with OWC flavour. No crown guards, knurling on the 8.0mm crown and bezel

WT-1884: an OCD (Orange Centre for Design) original design (using a classic dial), for use by world travellers and others to transcend the rigors of time zones.

Dan

foxint@foxint.com.au

• Like 4

Thanks mate…

Great link – thank you.

OK…since no one has worked out what the dial says…it says:

“TIME” in the language of Gallifrey.

Not sure where the real world is up to…but we watch the 2nd episode in the new series, (Under the Lake). Yes Whovian Mad we are here.

Please keep 23rd November free – the Doctors (and my) birthday…ha-ha

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate…

Great link – thank you.

OK…since no one has worked out what the dial says…it says:

“TIME” in the language of Gallifrey.

Not sure where the real world is up to…but we watch the 2nd episode in the new series, (Under the Lake). Yes Whovian Mad we are here.

We were episode 5 yesterday so it doesn't sound like you are too far behind.

Edited by handlehall
can't count

Thanks guys.

I will try and be as honest and transparent as I can within the bounds of commercial confidentiality.

In the spirit of transparency:

I received 10 watches back from the grumbling Swiss. The result 50% OWC-standard 50% will be pulled apart and re-assembled. When I challenged them, they accused me of being overly critical. To their credit they did admit 1 did not meet their standard – meaning “we Donald Ducked the assembly and will be blaming your parts”.

Another issue with them: they told me they tested the watches to 10ATM, when I said I state 30ATM for the watches, they said 10ATM is good enough…well not good enough for me and I retested the watches with my machine – passed. But the attitude is unacceptable. I wonder for whom they assemble???

Doctor Who (more important matters), we just saw Series 9 Episode 5: The Girls Who Died

Dan