• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Guest Bruce

Orange Watch Company Milsub

Guest Bruce

Well, I'm learning a bit here.:thumbsup: Thanks to those that actually make what we wear, we have a better idea of what our money buys.

its easy to take things for granted, but when there is an open and honest explanation from the makers i for one get a different view on things

It's nice to know what effort some watchmakers put into the products they sell, it isn't often we get that kind of insight first hand.

When will the "big" companies be joining the forum? He said with cynicism.:biggrin:

it would be nice to see the other side, but is quite easy now with google etc to do our own research IE its not difficult to find the cost of a new movement...any movement :yes: hands dials etc so you get an idea of what is good value or just a bit of a rip off

Some people say that the value of an item is not the cost of the parts, but also the chic value of that item.

I will ponder on that for a while longer.:wink:

hmmm not interested in chic value, i am into build quality, component quality, overall looks, cost and value for money and i couldn't care less if anyone else likes it too... they are not wearing it..i am :yes:

Well, I'm learning a bit here.:thumbsup: Thanks to those that actually make what we wear, we have a better idea of what our money buys.

its easy to take things for granted, but when there is an open and honest explanation from the makers i for one get a different view on things

It's nice to know what effort some watchmakers put into the products they sell, it isn't often we get that kind of insight first hand.

When will the "big" companies be joining the forum? He said with cynicism.:biggrin:

it would be nice to see the other side, but is quite easy now with google etc to do our own research IE its not difficult to find the cost of a new movement...any movement :yes: hands dials etc so you get an idea of what is good value or just a bit of a rip off

Some people say that the value of an item is not the cost of the parts, but also the chic value of that item.

I will ponder on that for a while longer.:wink:

hmmm not interested in chic value, i am into build quality, component quality, overall looks, cost and value for money and i couldn't care less if anyone else likes it too... they are not wearing it..i am :yes:

I like a lot of watches, mostly vintage and not very fashionable by todays standards. Most of them are Swiss (at component level), American or possibly British.:biggrin:

I agree, I prefer substance above popularity due to marketing budget.:wink:

I won't make any further comment, I don't want to trash this thread with my irrelevant ramblings.

• Like 2