• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
whatmeworry

New arrival: Beijing Classic L

Picked this up second hand on another board the other day and it arrived today. I get now why people call out Beijing watches as such value for money. This one has a classic design (textured white dial, blued hands, Roman numerals) with some quirky touches (off centred small seconds and fat, bulging lugs) that combine to make a fun watch that I think will look good on leather with a suit and on a Nato with jeans. 
The croc pattern strap it came on is too big for me so I have it on a perlon while I wait for the replacement Rios Miami I've ordered to arrive. 
Quick stats:
38.5mm case with 18mm lugs, sappgire crystal, handwinding and hacking auto movement.

22233875272_16a21aee8f_k.jpgIMG_3066.JPG by Olly Clarke, on Flickr

22059817999_aa7047afe8_k.jpgIMG_3067.JPG by Olly Clarke, on Flickr

21623949744_cb8136d36d_k.jpgIMG_3068.JPG by Olly Clarke, on Flickr

22246689915_a31bead4de_k.jpgIMG_3069.JPG by Olly Clarke, on Flickr

22233956512_c46068adc6_k.jpgIMG_3070.JPG by Olly Clarke, on Flickr

• Like 4

Lovely watch!  Hopefully, your venture into Chinese watches will be more successful than mine was! :laugh: 

The detail on the dial is very impressive, and I like the understated aesthetic very much.

Edited by PDXWatchCollector
  • Like 1

That's nice.

I'm getting into Chinese watches now.

Although many are still homages, or draw considerable influence from others, the really are getting very impressive indeed.

I've never had a dud either. They've always been pretty good quality and the timekeeping as good (if not better) than other mech watches I own.

• Like 2

That is a very nice watch, and the slightly offset second hand and dial just adds to the quirkiness. great catch... Enjoy:thumbsup:

Very elegant watch, A connoisseur of the classic dress style can't find even one week spot.

In addition, to avoid the cliché, the side seconds hand gives an attractive and interesting look.

AcbKjaRdi.gif

Regards, Miro.

I have a few chinese watches  over the years and have yet to hve a duff one      H

Then allow me to advise you to steer clear of the 'Minorva' brand if you want to keep your streak intact ... :taz:

Never had that make ,tha ks for your advicei will remember that make in the future           H

Thanks guys, some of my first watches were Chinese (Seagulls and Alphas) and it's good to have one again. 

@ OP,

Do you know which movement it has?

It's the Beijing SB1205B I think