• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
scottswatches

Saturday 24th wauw

This one today, on its new extra chunky ss strap courtesy of PC Magician. :yes:

bbs3.jpg

47mm by 16mm and Iwould guess about 19lbs give or take :yes:

p2.jpg

bb5.jpg

• Like 3

Just had a peanuts offer for a gold plated Avia of a slightly different model accepted so changed over to this avia for now. Having a dress watch day :) looks so much better on this new strap from Roy than when it was on a dark brown delarno. I just love how thin these pieces are :) 

IMAG0133_zpso2y2ht6h.jpg

Before. With the shiny bezel and shiny black insert.

22142116239_f0fa7267df_k.jpg

After. With the matt bezel and matt black insert.

22441728181_63d18e0153_k.jpg

22243139218_7e46297f95_k.jpg

And the buckle to match (as you can see this strap remains like new and has softened up nicely).

22441739021_554247b8ed_k.jpg

That was brave of you brushing the bezel insert :eek:

Looks great though Nige, although the bracelet needs to go back on to make it 100% :wink:

I've since got braver and experimented with removing the bezel so I could adjust the ratchet and clean it. I used the correct tool with a satin cloth to protect the case. It came off easily and allowed me to adjust the prongs on the ratchet which had some free play. Much better now. Yes the bezel insert brushed nicely with the suede brush. No scratching just a nice smooth haze which gives a more substantial less tinny look. :yes:; the liberty is limbering up so nicely and developing such a nice patina it makes the steel feel a bit boring:laugh:

Edited by Nigelp