• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Wear them or not ?

28 minutes ago, William_Wilson said:

Perhaps you need to purchase three of each. One to leave in the box, one to wear on special occasions and one to beat to hell. :wink:

nah..that would just give me 3 to worry about:laugh:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My take on it is that over the years I've bought loads of watches but none (obviously imho of coarse) has surpassed the LV so they have just ended up being sold or lost in a box somewhere. A bit like

I wear every watch I own, well, the ones that are currently working at least, however there are some oldies which I`m very careful with, a few I won`t wear outside the house & I only wear  this on

When you are ready to sell that one, don't ask me where I'll be wearing it! Later, William

I wear them all. Some more than others.   I tend to wear quartz chronographs more at work these days, and wear the vintage watches at home. My 1917 Marvin doesn't get out much, but it will be worn tomorrow for Remembrance Sunday and again on Wednesday. 

A610A0D5-2DC9-4206-A29A-77DD260C1187_zps

On 05/11/2015, 20:47:46, it'salivejim said:

I sometimes (often) buy a watch I like the look of with the intention of wearing it and then don't wear it very much at all. And I've had watches I love the idea of, and admire them in the box, but when it came to choosing a watch for the day I'd rarely pick them up. Stupid I know. Eventually they get flipped but at the moment I have nothing that I don't love wearing.

That's true for me too, I never buy watches I don't think I won't wear, but I often end up not wearing watches I buy!