• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
RWP

Who really notices your watches?

45 minutes ago, mel said:

SAdly enough, really only Mrs Mel notices, with comments along the lines of

"What do you need another watch for?"

"All those watches, and none of them at the right time?"

::bash:

"I'm trying to find one that keeps time"

maybe not another Timex then

• Like 3

2 hours ago, handlehall said:

"I'm trying to find one that keeps time"

maybe not another Timex then

Which then begs the question of 'why don't you just buy and sell one at a time until you find one that keeps time'.

3 hours ago, ong said:

Which then begs the question of 'why don't you just buy and sell one at a time until you find one that keeps time'.

I hope you are not suggesting that Mel would sell someone a faulty watch:nono:

1 minute ago, handlehall said:

Perish the thought.  Mel sells only the best or nothing at all.  

• Like 1

I went to the cloud bar at the Hilton in Manchester last week and the lift attendant was wearing an Omega Speedmaster! He was only a young lad and got into a conversation about it much to my other half's annoyance..turns out him and his brother inherited one each when his dad passed away

• Like 2

My wife says they all look the same and never notices. I'd been wearing my, to her (and if I'm honest to me too) ridiculously expensive silver Seiko 6139-6005 for a week and she asked me when it was going to arrive.This suits me fine !:yes:

My eldest daughter has eagle eyes and always notices a new one.

Customers, knowing of my addiction, sometimes ask me what I'm wearing today, but apart from two of them, nobody really shows any interest.

I, however, am always interested in what they are wearing and have a sneaky look if possible. I noticed one day that a customer's watch was sweeping rather than ticking. He was wearing an old Seiko (can't remember exactly what) that he'd inherited. He hated the strap and I said I'd get him a new one and fit it for him. He gave me the original Seiko strap. Another customer wears a Seiko 6119, which I spotted and asked him about. Another is in to Russian divers and always shows me his latest acquisition.

• Like 1

A few people glance ....although I did have someone say once, "dont fall over in a puddle with that great lump of metal on..........you might drown."

From time to time I used to take a bunch of watches along to school and show students the difference between autos, winders and quartz.....they were always fascinated......most thinking that digital was all that existed.

• Like 1

Only really people that are into watches would notice and comment on my watch. Same goes when I notice someone else who is wearing and may comment on it to.

There was this one time when in the paper it said the perpetrator was wearing a green faced Seiko...... I've since sold the watch:yes:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SBryantgb said:

There was this one time when in the paper it said the perpetrator was wearing a green faced Seiko...... I've since sold the watch:yes:

Thoughtful of you :yes:.

• Like 1