• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
landyvlad

My first vintage watch: Seiko Diamatic 6119-5410

On the 11/11/2015 I purchased my first vintage watch, a Seiko Diamatic 6119-5410.

Crystal is near perfect, which is a good thing because of their shape they are near unobtainable. Case could do with a polish. 

It only cost me $100 which is a bargain, however as with all vintage watches I had no idea how long ago it had been serviced. Worse, it was fine ‘on the bench’ but when I wore it, it was losing time to the tune of….lots.

Turns out the barrel jewel is broken and needs replacement – which will be done as part of the service I was expecting to have to have done anyway ($250). So in reality it will be a $350 watch but running perfectly. That’s still a good buy I reckon.

Looks fantastic in my opinion and wears well on the wrist. I’m super happy and will be even happier when I pick it up from the watchmakers next Monday.

I know it’s a long shot but does anyone know where I could get an electronic copy/scan of an owners manual for this?

seiko%204_zpssysne3rs.jpg

seiko%203_zpsjnwjh86u.jpg

seiko%201_zpscnaqh7yx.jpg

seiko%207_zpsnf41kpll.jpg

seiko%208_zpscbfxvgxd.jpg

1 minute ago, landyvlad said:

Thank you and thank you !

sorry I can't really help with the manuals / instructions, you might try ebay or googling for vintage seiko operating manuals or something like that. It worked for me with my 15 year old Omega

I've found this which might help. 

http://www.thewatchsite.com/13-ads-catalogs-vintage-current/16043-seiko-vintage-catalogs-1960s-1980s.html

• Like 1