• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Silly prejudices

Gonville Bromhead

Rude Bus Drivers... 

Annoying people on the bus... (older people in particular who get up first when the bus is about to stop, and start talking to the bus driver, blocking the walkway, and holding everyone up, to ask a stupid question such as "is this the bus to the train station?" When the bus says Park and Ride - Town Centre - Rail Station... On the side of the bus and inside!!)

Street Talkers... "Have you got 10 minutes to do a short survey and I'll take all of your bank details down, where everyone can hear on a busy high-street?"

X-Factor - I just can't even stand it! I can't stand the hipster wannabe "celebs" on there too - Rita, Grimmy, etc...

Sam Smith - anything he does I find annoying...

People who queue jump!

People who eat most of their meal and then complain about it afterwards...

That person who says "your sat in my seat!" even though the whole train/coach is empty, then they have the cheek to put a bag on the empty seat next to them... Did you really need to make those elderly people move, so you and your laptop could have a seat?...

Facebook - it started off as a good way to "catch-up"... Now it's just photos of food, a big brag fest, new boyfriend, new girlfriend, new house, new car, new baby, holiday... And Especially when the people bragging don't even work! Some just love to air out their dirty laundry in public... Others just use it for stalking!

People who are constantly on their phones, either in a night out, meal, and even the cinema... Is posting that picture of your coco pops really more interesting than the movie you just paid £10 to see?

Rant over....

Goodnight All!

Edited by jizzle
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Some of my closet friends are, I give them well deserved grief about it & they return the favour about my ancestry :laugh:

I'll keep you on your toes, I don't care about your ancestry or mine.

We need to consider the future, not the past,

The hard work starts now.:wink: 

• Like 1

This is an area of the forum to post about watches. Not about how much we dislike Volvo drivers, Christians, cyclists nor whatever the f@ck else happens to be getting on our intolerant little wicks at the moment. The forum has been flooded with inane drivel recently which I can just about stand, but when the watch thread becomes a hate-fest because we have nothing better to talk about then I find myself wondering if I would be better off elsewhere.

FFS...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, badgersdad said:
13 minutes ago, badgersdad said:

The forum has been flooded with inane drivel recently

well said :clap:

its turned into a version of wikipedia and google images :bullshitter:

Just now, Stan said:

That post might be deleted, mine was.

Let's not challenge Nidge.:wink:

i have mentioned no names.

the point i was making is that is that if i wanted to see all the downloaded images of just about everything being crammed into every topic i would go on to Google myself and if i wanted all the info from Google quoted in every topic again i would Google it myself, i thought the forum was for everyone to share their own info and experiences about watches and maybe life in general good or bad,if i buy a watch and post about it don't need Google, if i have any other issues or problems to share i don't need Google, it would seem some are having trouble keeping a conversation going with out a good old Google first, some topics seem to reach fever pitch or hysterical levels when it comes to the posting of images and quotes. the amount of very good and interesting topics ruined is getting ridiculous ....................which is a shame

all IMO of course and no offence intended

Sirs,

Why or why do you let this drivel continue? I write to applaud the statement made by Badgersdad in this regard. What a fine man he clearly is. I only wish we had his sort in my old regiment (Queen's Own Interior Decorators) when we put up our brave defence of Singapore and the planned the Dieppe Raid in February and August '42. Might have made all the difference.

Shameful bigotry, that's what I am complaining about. Would I let me daughter marry a Volvo driving, hearse racing, Jethro Tull-liking, X-Box Watching, exclamation mark using cyclist?? Of course I ruddy wouldn't!!!! However, to quote Voltaire: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Alright, Voltaire never actually said or wrote it; indeed the chap died in his bed with his boots off. Nevertheless, the principle is a sound one. If Badgersdad wants to die manning the barricades to defend the right of people to use Selfie-sticks, then that is just fine by me (and the good lady wife).

And another thing. You are so right: This discussion simply trivialises watch chaps like us and our doings. For watches are vital now in the war on terror. Take your ISIS Johnny. He needs to know where Mecca is a few times a day. Give him a dodgy watch and you confuse the blighter. Whilst he's busy asking people the right time get either yourself or your good lady wife to pop him one in the back. Problem sorted! One up for us and the Frogs.

So none of this silliness. We need an 'ebauche to basics' policy to restore our proud British values. Like tolerance for example.

Yours,

Major Strappington-Smyth (Rtrd.) (Mrs). 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lionel Richtea said:

Sirs,

Why or why do you let this drivel continue? I write to applaud the statement made by Badgersdad in this regard. What a fine man he clearly is. I only wish we had his sort in my old regiment (Queen's Own Interior Decorators) when we put up our brave defence of Singapore and the planned the Dieppe Raid in February and August '42. Might have made all the difference.

Shameful bigotry, that's what I am complaining about. Would I let me daughter marry a Volvo driving, hearse racing, Jethro Tull-liking, X-Box Watching, exclamation mark using cyclist?? Of course I ruddy wouldn't!!!! However, to quote Voltaire: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Alright, Voltaire never actually said or wrote it; indeed the chap died in his bed with his boots off. Nevertheless, the principle is a sound one. If Badgersdad wants to die manning the barricades to defend the right of people to use Selfie-sticks, then that is just fine by me (and the good lady wife).

And another thing. You are so right: This discussion simply trivialises watch chaps like us and our doings. For watches are vital now in the war on terror. Take your ISIS Johnny. He needs to know where Mecca is a few times a day. Give him a dodgy watch and you confuse the blighter. Whilst he's busy asking people the right time get either yourself or your good lady wife to pop him one in the back. Problem sorted! One up for us and the Frogs.

So none of this silliness. We need an 'ebauche to basics' policy to restore our proud British values. Like tolerance for example.

Yours,

Major Strappington-Smyth (Rtrd.) (Mrs). 

I'm not quite sure what it is that you are accusing of. However, I find your personal insults distasteful and uncalled for. Pm me by all means, but please do not belittle me in a public thread because I have expressed an opinion.

It's a bit like being down the boozer other than a few weirdy beardy real ale'rs in the corner you can only talk about beer for so long until the conversation floats off in all different directions. and then eventually it might get back to back to beer, people agree or disagree, some feel slighted but at kicking out time generally every body is sort of happy and those that aren't can go home and have a whinge at the missus or their cat or dog.

Sure it might have been better in a different part of the forum but hey ho such is life and look at the number of views it's had compared to some of the more single content threads, all good traffic to the forum it's not life and death and let's be honest we Brits love a good moan even if you are only moaning about the moaners.

:biggrin:

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

These flashing lights are so bright these days that any driver that doesn't see them should registered blind and put off the road full stop.  

I believe the funny little flashing lights to be fire-flies and aim right at them .... I wondered why I kept hearing clunking noises while driving at night .....

• Like 2

:laugh: Sorry I was having a laugh when I suggested what my prejudices might be, i.e a laugh at myself (I'm easy to laugh at for me at least). I often have a little chuckle to myself about how daft I am. That was the spirit of the thread I think, 'prejudices' 'human nature'. They are not really sensible. To be fair with Badgersdad. It is probably best within an area of the forum other than watches. There that is me with my best sensible head on. 

Btw I can't stand those squirty bottles with mustard in. I do not mind them for tomato sauce but English mustard. It is that sort of thing which shall drive this country on the rocks.

Italian+Job+-+Bridger.png

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

:laugh: Sorry I was having a laugh when I suggested what my prejudices might be, i.e a laugh at myself (I'm easy to laugh at for me at least). I often have a little chuckle to myself about how daft I am. That was the spirit of the thread I think, 'prejudices' 'human nature'. They are not really sensible. To be fair with Badgersdad. It is probably best within an area of the forum other than watches. There that is me with my best sensible head on. 

Btw I can't stand those squirty bottles with mustard in. I do not mind them for tomato sauce but English mustard. It is that sort of thing which shall drive this country on the rocks.

Italian+Job+-+Bridger.png

To be fair to Badgersdad he could have stopped reading any point. Me think he doth protest too much.  IMHO and no insult intended, merely an observation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RWP said:

To be fair to Badgersdad he could have stopped reading any point. Me think he doth protest too much. 

I could stop reading. However, I'm not really the kind to cross the road and walk by when I see something I dont like. So instead I spoke up. I think I can do that too, cant I?

If you think that any protest is protesting too much then that suggests that you want to be able to say whatever you want without anyone challenging it. Free speech for you but not for me. Forget it. 

Anyway, carry on. Don't mind me. We've done cyclists and the elderly, and Christians. What about the disabled? Have we mentioned them?  And immigrants? 

And @Nigelp I agree about the mustard. 

*edit* I've got a bad cold. There is a possibility I am being a bit humourless. Hands up. I still agree about the mustard. *edit*

Edited by badgersdad

21 minutes ago, badgersdad said:

So instead I spoke up. I think I can do that too

i wish more would speak up about what's going on with the forum, things are changing and not for the good, i've been here 6 years now and the heart and soul of the forum is being diluted which is a shame, maybe its just people becoming cynical in general due to whats going on in the world, but surely this is the place to escape all that, we are all supposed to be adults, its a pity that not all can behave sensibly instead of making lame excuses for their behavior IE.. "i'm mad"    " i'm crazy"  "i'm nuts".......... bla bla bla YAWN

one of the biggest problems as i see it is topics not staying on track, they very quickly degrade into a load of drivel...all IMO of course