• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hi,

I am looking to create my line of watches, I have got the design and everything I want for the watch. It's going to be a good quality watch but the place where I was going to get them made the minimum pcs is 200 per style. For someone starting out that's just too much and wondering does anyone know any manufacturers what will make my watches for around 20-40 pcs per style but yet of good quality. I can let you know what I want in the watch if that will help!

Many thanks

Ross

Warm welcome to the Watch Forum Ross. Plenty of expertise here, and possibly a few clues about manufactories. A piccie or two would help things along.

Mike

How far are you wanting to go? I would guess this will decide on the best way to go.

Are you wanting to use a standard/catalog case and movement? That would speed up the process i can only imagine?

Dan that makes OWC watches is on here so i would send him a PM. Im sure he would point you in the direction of some people to get in touch with

Thanks for replying guys,

I seem to be having trouble uploading the pictures,

I will be will going for a basic look but yet elegant and powerful look going to try increase the look of the watch face and reducing the amount of case, therefor increasing the look of the size of the face and not be distracted but the materials around it. I'll also be trying to make watches thin as possible, I know the old clique about the thicker the better, I'm going to reevaluate at this and seek a knew vision to watch. 

Ill comtinue try and upload photos but I'm having trouble at the moment 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, R-dash said:

I know the old clique about the thicker the better, I'm going to reevaluate at this and seek a knew vision to watch. 

I can well remember when ultra-thin watches were in fashion just before the quartz revolution. They weren't around long but there were some nice designs then and I suspect it's about time for the wheel to turn and for them to re-emerge.  Getting a case made like that now may not be easy but the Chinese will attempt most things it seems...

Not only do I intend to 'thin it down' I want to keep in the modern feel, with for example the latest movement.

Can anyone help with a manufacturer/designer 

My thoughts on that are that i prefer the face that also has the logo along with the text. However my problem is that regardless of the innards, that is almost identical in its face design to daniel wellington watches, even with the identical hands. I know that a simple dress watch is hard to differentiate, but there has to be some kind of variance, otherwise it's simply a copy. 

Also, what is the relevance of the date? Some might view that as a slightly underhand method of suggesting it is an established brand with 20 years of history.

Edited by hughlle

Guest Bruce

with respect there is nothing unique in that design, its nice, but no different than the countless other dress watches out there and in my opinion a 3atm rating these days is a bit poor. China churns out hundreds of thousands of these watches every year that look just the same for a very small sum of money, you really would need a unique selling point to compete on a level where you can make money, i wish you luck though :)

Guest Bruce

i think this is a chinese watch maker testing the water to see what they can get away with or a wind up, either way i think it can now be treated as spam, its the same sodding watch, they must think we are all stupid:angry:

Guest Bruce

reminds me of this nonsense

15eyc91%201.jpg

jiusko_face2.jpg

there was no link though :nono: 

the internet is a very very small place

What's the story there?  Aren't deep blue's essentially made from catalogue parts which anyone could assemble?

Guest Bruce
3 minutes ago, KrispyDK said:

What's the story there?  Aren't deep blue's essentially made from catalogue parts which anyone could assemble?

they became members here and i asked what their link with Jiusko was and they said there was no links with any other manufacturer so i posted the above photo's the Jiusko was released before theirs and came out the same factory in China, i was just interested in how they started, but they took a hissy fit and left never to return ......OOOPS :)